Jun 12, 2012, 12:26 PM EDT
It’s not going to happen all the time (expect cross matching, the Heat will want LeBron on Durant at key moments, but the Thunder will hide Durant more on defense).
“I’m glad he has that challenge because it’s going to make him focus more,” Wade said. “It’s going to make him play a little different. I’d rather for him to be guarding Kevin Durant than to have to guard DeShawn Stevenson like last year, where he wasn’t as involved. And also Shawn Marion, he wasn’t as involved. Kevin Durant, you’ve got have your antennas up at all times. I think it’s going to bring out the best in both of them.”
Good theory, but bringing out the best of LeBron has not really been the Heat’s problem this playoff. Bringing out the best of Wade in the first half has been an issue. Bringing out the best of Mike Miller/Udonis Haslem/Shane Battier at any points has been the problem.
They can’t all cover Durant, can they?
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 9
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks 15