Jun 12, 2012, 12:26 PM EDT
It’s not going to happen all the time (expect cross matching, the Heat will want LeBron on Durant at key moments, but the Thunder will hide Durant more on defense).
“I’m glad he has that challenge because it’s going to make him focus more,” Wade said. “It’s going to make him play a little different. I’d rather for him to be guarding Kevin Durant than to have to guard DeShawn Stevenson like last year, where he wasn’t as involved. And also Shawn Marion, he wasn’t as involved. Kevin Durant, you’ve got have your antennas up at all times. I think it’s going to bring out the best in both of them.”
Good theory, but bringing out the best of LeBron has not really been the Heat’s problem this playoff. Bringing out the best of Wade in the first half has been an issue. Bringing out the best of Mike Miller/Udonis Haslem/Shane Battier at any points has been the problem.
They can’t all cover Durant, can they?
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 14
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 34
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 56
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4