Tuesday And-1 links: Kobe Bryant is not getting divorced

Jun 12, 2012, 8:46 PM EST

vanessa-bryant Getty Images

Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.

Kobe Bryant and his wife Vanessa have worked things out and are not getting a divorce. I have no idea what goes on inside their marriage, and I really don’t care. They have two beautiful young girls and for their sake I am glad they are together and I hope it works out.

Kobe is going to play a guy in H-O-R-S-E who donated $23,2oo to Kobe’s charity.

• President Barack Obama decided not to make a prediction on who would win the NBA finals. That was the basketball fan in him being torn in a close series, because politically he could use the support in Florida and in Oklahoma the Republican party could run a refrigerator against him and win.

• There are reports that Portland is opening up their coaching search to outsiders and have interest in Brian Shaw. Charlotte, Orlando, a lot of teams reportedly like Shaw, it may be the case of whoever moves first gets him.

• Here is some background information on Robert Pera, the guy in line to buy the Memphis Grizzlies. David Stern said Tuesday that the review of Pera and the sale has just started.

• Will Brandon Bass plan to pick up his option and return to Boston?

• Lakers assistant coach Ettore Messina is leaving Los Angeles to become the head coach of CSKA Moscow.

• Heat owner Micky Arison talks about being in the finals.

• Golden State wants a quality three, and they’d love to use the No. 7 pick they have to get one, via trade or moving up in the draft.

Terrence Jones to the Kings at No. 5? Don’t bet on it. I don’t think the Kings will roll the dice on Andre Drummond, either.

Perry Jones III worked out for the Warriors and reportedly didn’t blow anybody away. Here he is addressing the perception that he is laid back (read: doesn’t hustle all the time).

• There are teams showing interest in free agent Spencer Hawes.

• Don’t expect Chris Kaman to be back with the Hornets.

• Big guys move up the draft board every year. Nobody is bigger and may  jump up higher than Illinois center Meyers Leonard.

• The Wizards brought in six guys for workouts.

• The Seattle mayor has met with David Stern and said he wants a team back in the city. First someone needs to buy a team and want to move them there, then a new stadium needs to get built.

• Interesting story about how the NBA and other professional sports leagues would love to get a piece of the secondary ticket market.

1. trickybastard - Jun 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

whew! no i can go on with my life. well, sort of. i still i have to hold my breath on if tim tebow makes starter and what happens to jeremy lin next.

2. cosanostra71 - Jun 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I’m sure that a lot of Kobe haters will have some Kobe bashing comments here, but honestly, good for Kobe and his wife. I’m glad they stayed together, it is always sad to see a family torn apart. Hopefully Kobe has matured and can be a better husband and father because of this.

3. lakerluver - Jun 12, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I agree. The haters were probably sitting back just waiting for the divorce to become official so they could spread their stupidity. Sorry, haters.

4. acdc363 - Jun 13, 2012 at 1:37 AM

You we’re great this year BB! Def want you back.

5. progress2011 - Jun 13, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Awwwww MAN !!!

Now I gotta see if Delta will let me cancel my tickets to L.A.

Cause I was bout to move to L.A. and get me a new Suga-Momma because the alimony kobe agreed to pay, I could have lived WELL off of that, while providing plumbing services to his ex !!!

I’d already picked out the Bugatti !

DANG !!!

6. limonadamas - Jun 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM

The cynic in me wonders if Vanessa just wants a piece of the extension that’s about to kick in (that wouldn’t have been part of the divorce settlement if they’d gone forward with it now). The way she went about things (e.g. waiting 10 years per CA law, etc…) just seemed really calculated to me.

I hope I’m wrong.

7. loungefly74 - Jun 13, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Really happy for Kobe n’ wife. I don’t care if the dude is the greatest basketball player or the garbage man for my block, i would not wish any ill will on a man trying to save his marriage. thats between him and his wife.

• loungefly74 - Jun 13, 2012 at 4:16 PM

damn…got a thumbs down for that? we some sick haters on this site.

8. 12strikes - Jun 13, 2012 at 10:40 AM

What size ring did Kobe have to belly up to get her to stay this time?

9. burnsy - Jun 13, 2012 at 11:13 AM

How much is $23,2oo?

• 12strikes - Jun 13, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Just a tad under a gazillion.

10. davidcl77 - Jun 13, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Who gives a crud? If his wife is willing to put up with his going after the puscuits, then so be it.

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches