Jun 12, 2012, 8:46 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Kobe Bryant and his wife Vanessa have worked things out and are not getting a divorce. I have no idea what goes on inside their marriage, and I really don’t care. They have two beautiful young girls and for their sake I am glad they are together and I hope it works out.
• Kobe is going to play a guy in H-O-R-S-E who donated $23,2oo to Kobe’s charity.
• President Barack Obama decided not to make a prediction on who would win the NBA finals. That was the basketball fan in him being torn in a close series, because politically he could use the support in Florida and in Oklahoma the Republican party could run a refrigerator against him and win.
• There are reports that Portland is opening up their coaching search to outsiders and have interest in Brian Shaw. Charlotte, Orlando, a lot of teams reportedly like Shaw, it may be the case of whoever moves first gets him.
• Here is some background information on Robert Pera, the guy in line to buy the Memphis Grizzlies. David Stern said Tuesday that the review of Pera and the sale has just started.
• Lakers assistant coach Ettore Messina is leaving Los Angeles to become the head coach of CSKA Moscow.
• Heat owner Micky Arison talks about being in the finals.
• Golden State wants a quality three, and they’d love to use the No. 7 pick they have to get one, via trade or moving up in the draft.
• Big guys move up the draft board every year. Nobody is bigger and may jump up higher than Illinois center Meyers Leonard.
• The Seattle mayor has met with David Stern and said he wants a team back in the city. First someone needs to buy a team and want to move them there, then a new stadium needs to get built.
• Interesting story about how the NBA and other professional sports leagues would love to get a piece of the secondary ticket market.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 1
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 26
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 16
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15