Scott Brooks is good with whatever that is Russell Westbrook is wearing

Jun 12, 2012, 1:49 PM EDT

russell-westbrook-shirt Getty Images

I don’t know much about fashion, I just know I wouldn’t wear what Russell Westbrook has been wearing to postgame interviews these playoffs.

Scott Brooks frankly wouldn’t be caught dead in these shirts either. But he’s the coach — he’s got his players’ backs. Even if there is a generation and taste gap between the two sides.

Brooks said much like in the Thunder offense, Westbrook has the green light to do whatever he wants. Via the Oklahoman.

“Russell can wear anything,” Brooks said. “He’s great looking, he has an incredible body, a great smile. Anything, he’s going to look good. I have to dress up nice to look decent.”

Can’t really argue that much. But Westbrook should have a talk with Dwyane Wade this series and watch how he dresses.

And make sure you have an extra pair of glasses frames without lenses. That’s key.

1. censoredpost - Jun 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM

The gold ball trophy is nice and all…. But the real competition is in the hipster, retro, Erkla-thon fashion showdown. I hear Gabby Union picks the winner and everyone goes home happy.

• censoredpost - Jun 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Urkel-a-thon* ( as in Steve Urkel)

2. neeciekay - Jun 12, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Really Kurt? Westbrook should consult Wade for fashion advice? Humm, I thought a real man wears exactly what he wants to and still looks good in it, just as long as he’s representing his own-personal swagg. I’m a woman, so I can comment on how well a man looks in whatever he wears. And I’ll tell you this: Russell looks far more attractive to me in his LaCoste shirts and frameless glasses than D.Wade looks in those Miami Vice, girlie pasteled colored clown fits he puts together. I don’t care what the fashion experts say, give me the man that DOESN’T wear girlie colors and tight a$$ pants and blazers. Keep doing you Russell, being an individual is what sets trends, not following the masses. Totally agree with Scott Brooks: Russell looks good in anything!!

3. snoqualmiesounder - Jun 12, 2012 at 3:33 PM

“I’m the prince, put your crown on the ground” Donald Glover AKA Childish Gambino.

KD and Westbrook are going to turn LeBron into Karl Malone (no rings)

4. mrklutch - Jun 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM

He looks like a complete douche.

5. charlutes - Jun 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I picture Kurt writing this in a Cheetos stained wife beater in a dimly lit basement.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches