Jun 12, 2012, 11:56 AM EST
No pressure Orlando, no need to rush. Not like you have any big decisions ahead.
The Orlando Magic search for a general manager — which will be followed by the search for a coach, which will be followed by deciding what to do about Dwight Howard — is down to three people, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
OKC assistant GM Rob Hennigan joins Dennis Lindsey and Jeff Bower as finalists for Orlando GM job, sources tell Y! Meeting owners next step.
Hennigan is one of the guys who has paid his dues and has learned from Sam Presti, who not only drafted well with the Thunder but has made some great free agent pickups to get the Thunder to the playoffs.
Lindsey is out of the San Antonio organization (as was Presti). I don’t really need to list how good the Spurs have been with players over the last decade plus, do I?
Bower was the GM in New Orleans when Chris Paul was there and he helped build a quality playoff team. It would be interesting to see what he does in a situation with more resources.
Honestly, any of these is a good call for the Magic. The question is who does the owners, the DeVos family, feel comfortable with?
They need to get around to making a decision with the draft just more than two weeks away.
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 4
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 5
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)