Jun 12, 2012, 11:56 AM EDT
No pressure Orlando, no need to rush. Not like you have any big decisions ahead.
The Orlando Magic search for a general manager — which will be followed by the search for a coach, which will be followed by deciding what to do about Dwight Howard — is down to three people, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
OKC assistant GM Rob Hennigan joins Dennis Lindsey and Jeff Bower as finalists for Orlando GM job, sources tell Y! Meeting owners next step.
Hennigan is one of the guys who has paid his dues and has learned from Sam Presti, who not only drafted well with the Thunder but has made some great free agent pickups to get the Thunder to the playoffs.
Lindsey is out of the San Antonio organization (as was Presti). I don’t really need to list how good the Spurs have been with players over the last decade plus, do I?
Bower was the GM in New Orleans when Chris Paul was there and he helped build a quality playoff team. It would be interesting to see what he does in a situation with more resources.
Honestly, any of these is a good call for the Magic. The question is who does the owners, the DeVos family, feel comfortable with?
They need to get around to making a decision with the draft just more than two weeks away.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 20
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 67
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8