Jun 12, 2012, 8:45 AM EST
Enough with the preliminaries, let’s get this thing started — one of the most anticipated, likely entertaining finals in years is set to tip-off between the Heat and Thunder on Tuesday night. So we thought why not give you another NBA finals preview.
We’ve done the big preview, looked at the keys for the Heat and Thunder, but now it was time to bring in our man Ira Winderman — who writes for us at PBT and covers the Heat for the South Florida Sun Sentinel — to talk Heat and the finals matchup.
I’ll reiterate what I’ve said before — if the Heat play up to their capabilities they can win this series. I just haven’t seen the level of focus and execution from them needed at both ends game to game (or even quarter to quarter) and if they leave the door open a crack the Thunder will run through it and blow the thing wide open.
But either way, this should be fun.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 3
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 12
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20