Jun 12, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Enough with the preliminaries, let’s get this thing started — one of the most anticipated, likely entertaining finals in years is set to tip-off between the Heat and Thunder on Tuesday night. So we thought why not give you another NBA finals preview.
We’ve done the big preview, looked at the keys for the Heat and Thunder, but now it was time to bring in our man Ira Winderman — who writes for us at PBT and covers the Heat for the South Florida Sun Sentinel — to talk Heat and the finals matchup.
I’ll reiterate what I’ve said before — if the Heat play up to their capabilities they can win this series. I just haven’t seen the level of focus and execution from them needed at both ends game to game (or even quarter to quarter) and if they leave the door open a crack the Thunder will run through it and blow the thing wide open.
But either way, this should be fun.
- Bobcats fight to the end, but Heat come away with 2-0 series lead 0
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 11
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 53
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 20
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 15