Jun 12, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Enough with the preliminaries, let’s get this thing started — one of the most anticipated, likely entertaining finals in years is set to tip-off between the Heat and Thunder on Tuesday night. So we thought why not give you another NBA finals preview.
We’ve done the big preview, looked at the keys for the Heat and Thunder, but now it was time to bring in our man Ira Winderman — who writes for us at PBT and covers the Heat for the South Florida Sun Sentinel — to talk Heat and the finals matchup.
I’ll reiterate what I’ve said before — if the Heat play up to their capabilities they can win this series. I just haven’t seen the level of focus and execution from them needed at both ends game to game (or even quarter to quarter) and if they leave the door open a crack the Thunder will run through it and blow the thing wide open.
But either way, this should be fun.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50