Jun 12, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Enough with the preliminaries, let’s get this thing started — one of the most anticipated, likely entertaining finals in years is set to tip-off between the Heat and Thunder on Tuesday night. So we thought why not give you another NBA finals preview.
We’ve done the big preview, looked at the keys for the Heat and Thunder, but now it was time to bring in our man Ira Winderman — who writes for us at PBT and covers the Heat for the South Florida Sun Sentinel — to talk Heat and the finals matchup.
I’ll reiterate what I’ve said before — if the Heat play up to their capabilities they can win this series. I just haven’t seen the level of focus and execution from them needed at both ends game to game (or even quarter to quarter) and if they leave the door open a crack the Thunder will run through it and blow the thing wide open.
But either way, this should be fun.
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 10
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68