Jun 12, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
Ronald Poppo has had as bad a couple weeks as a person can have. The Miami man was homeless to start with, then on May 26 a naked crazed “zombie” in an altered condition attacked him and ripped so much of Poppo’s face off he was unidentifiable.
He’s gone through a couple weeks of surgery, has lost one eye and may never have full vision in the other, has an infection in his face, still needs to have his nose reconstructed and will be in the hospital for a while.
Dr. Nicholas Namias spoke with Poppo this morning, and said he had two words he wanted to convey: “Go Heat.”
Good to see the support, because if LeBron James doesn’t have a spectacular finals his haters will come out like zombies looking for their own pound of flesh on social media.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6