Jun 12, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
Ronald Poppo has had as bad a couple weeks as a person can have. The Miami man was homeless to start with, then on May 26 a naked crazed “zombie” in an altered condition attacked him and ripped so much of Poppo’s face off he was unidentifiable.
He’s gone through a couple weeks of surgery, has lost one eye and may never have full vision in the other, has an infection in his face, still needs to have his nose reconstructed and will be in the hospital for a while.
Dr. Nicholas Namias spoke with Poppo this morning, and said he had two words he wanted to convey: “Go Heat.”
Good to see the support, because if LeBron James doesn’t have a spectacular finals his haters will come out like zombies looking for their own pound of flesh on social media.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8