Jun 12, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
Ronald Poppo has had as bad a couple weeks as a person can have. The Miami man was homeless to start with, then on May 26 a naked crazed “zombie” in an altered condition attacked him and ripped so much of Poppo’s face off he was unidentifiable.
He’s gone through a couple weeks of surgery, has lost one eye and may never have full vision in the other, has an infection in his face, still needs to have his nose reconstructed and will be in the hospital for a while.
Dr. Nicholas Namias spoke with Poppo this morning, and said he had two words he wanted to convey: “Go Heat.”
Good to see the support, because if LeBron James doesn’t have a spectacular finals his haters will come out like zombies looking for their own pound of flesh on social media.
- LeBron’s 30-point performance leads Cavaliers to hard-fought Game 2 win over Celtics 0
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 1
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 9
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14