Jun 12, 2012, 2:17 PM EDT
Seriously, I can’t wait for the games to start so we can talk about those.
Actually, LeBron doesn’t really care who is lines up to play him in the finals. That’s what he said when asked if he was disappointed he hadn’t faced Kobe Bryant in the finals the last two years. Via Ben Golliver (of Blazers Edge and Eye on Basketball).
“LeBron and Kobe? I was disappointed that LeBron [versus] whoever it was didn’t happen. I didn’t give a damn if it was Kobe or not. Hey, listen, I understand it’s LeBron and Durant — that’s you guys’ storylines. I’m in the Finals so it doesn’t matter. I don’t care who it’s against. It could be us against a college team or high school team.”
LeBron has been in the finals two straight years, it’s not on him this matchup hadn’t happened. It’s on Kobe.
And what is he supposed to say here? Why should he care? If he says he is disappointed not to be playing Kobe it’s a slight to Kevin Durant. If he says he doesn’t care, Kobe’s oversensitive fans will take that as a slight to their hero.
Whatever. Can we just start playing the games?
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 14
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 6
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 15
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4