Jun 12, 2012, 2:17 PM EDT
Seriously, I can’t wait for the games to start so we can talk about those.
Actually, LeBron doesn’t really care who is lines up to play him in the finals. That’s what he said when asked if he was disappointed he hadn’t faced Kobe Bryant in the finals the last two years. Via Ben Golliver (of Blazers Edge and Eye on Basketball).
“LeBron and Kobe? I was disappointed that LeBron [versus] whoever it was didn’t happen. I didn’t give a damn if it was Kobe or not. Hey, listen, I understand it’s LeBron and Durant — that’s you guys’ storylines. I’m in the Finals so it doesn’t matter. I don’t care who it’s against. It could be us against a college team or high school team.”
LeBron has been in the finals two straight years, it’s not on him this matchup hadn’t happened. It’s on Kobe.
And what is he supposed to say here? Why should he care? If he says he is disappointed not to be playing Kobe it’s a slight to Kevin Durant. If he says he doesn’t care, Kobe’s oversensitive fans will take that as a slight to their hero.
Whatever. Can we just start playing the games?
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29