Jun 12, 2012, 2:17 PM EDT
Seriously, I can’t wait for the games to start so we can talk about those.
Actually, LeBron doesn’t really care who is lines up to play him in the finals. That’s what he said when asked if he was disappointed he hadn’t faced Kobe Bryant in the finals the last two years. Via Ben Golliver (of Blazers Edge and Eye on Basketball).
“LeBron and Kobe? I was disappointed that LeBron [versus] whoever it was didn’t happen. I didn’t give a damn if it was Kobe or not. Hey, listen, I understand it’s LeBron and Durant — that’s you guys’ storylines. I’m in the Finals so it doesn’t matter. I don’t care who it’s against. It could be us against a college team or high school team.”
LeBron has been in the finals two straight years, it’s not on him this matchup hadn’t happened. It’s on Kobe.
And what is he supposed to say here? Why should he care? If he says he is disappointed not to be playing Kobe it’s a slight to Kevin Durant. If he says he doesn’t care, Kobe’s oversensitive fans will take that as a slight to their hero.
Whatever. Can we just start playing the games?
- Report: Timberwolves make push to acquire Eric Bledsoe with max offer in sign-and-trade 0
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25