Jun 12, 2012, 8:07 PM EDT
So is Chris Bosh going to start Game 1 for the Heat?
You’ll have to wait and see. As will the rest of us. In his pregame talk Heat coach Erik Spoelstra did not tip his hand as to the starting lineup and whether Bosh will be in it or keep coming off the bench. He said the “eight guys” who are going to play know who they are, but he doesn’t want this to distract his team. Sure. He’s looking for an edge.
Spoelstra did say he expects Bosh could play more than the 31 minutes he was on the court in Game 7 against Boston.
• Thunder coach Scott Brooks said in an NBA TV interview he really doesn’t care if Bosh starts or not.
“We have guys who can guard multiple positions and that’s what makes us a great team. And whoever they throw at us we’re going to do our best against it.”
• Brooks also may have had my favorite line of the night, asked if he would ever get Kevin Durant any rest in game.
“48 (minutes) is probably too much. 47.”
• Miami Heat fan ‘lil Wayne — who famously got shut out of a game in Oklahoma City recently because he couldn’t get a ticket — bought one and is in the house for Game 1.
• For you grammar nerds, a great story about how copy editors around the nation hate this matchup (via Deadspin).
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 6
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1