Jun 12, 2012, 8:07 PM EST
So is Chris Bosh going to start Game 1 for the Heat?
You’ll have to wait and see. As will the rest of us. In his pregame talk Heat coach Erik Spoelstra did not tip his hand as to the starting lineup and whether Bosh will be in it or keep coming off the bench. He said the “eight guys” who are going to play know who they are, but he doesn’t want this to distract his team. Sure. He’s looking for an edge.
Spoelstra did say he expects Bosh could play more than the 31 minutes he was on the court in Game 7 against Boston.
• Thunder coach Scott Brooks said in an NBA TV interview he really doesn’t care if Bosh starts or not.
“We have guys who can guard multiple positions and that’s what makes us a great team. And whoever they throw at us we’re going to do our best against it.”
• Brooks also may have had my favorite line of the night, asked if he would ever get Kevin Durant any rest in game.
“48 (minutes) is probably too much. 47.”
• Miami Heat fan ‘lil Wayne — who famously got shut out of a game in Oklahoma City recently because he couldn’t get a ticket — bought one and is in the house for Game 1.
• For you grammar nerds, a great story about how copy editors around the nation hate this matchup (via Deadspin).
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 16
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11