Jun 11, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
If you tried to pitch this script to a Hollywood executive you could never get the project green lit because it was too weird. Then they’d go approve another Adam Sandler film and we’d all groan.
But here it is:
Metta World Peace will play a detective in a Lifetime Movie Network film based on a best-selling novel of a television show host.
Peace will make his acting debut in a movie adaptation of Nancy Grace’s first novel, The Eleventh Victim, set to premiere in the fall on Lifetime Movie Network.
Peace will set down his basketball to play Garlan Fincher, a Georgia detective who works very closely with Atlanta Assistant District Attorney Hailey Dean, played by Beverly Hills, 90210vet Jennie Garth. How, you may ask, did this highly unusual bit of casting come about? Turns out World Peace and Grace became fast friends during their stint on Season 13 of Dancing With the Stars.
They had to become fast friends considering how long World Peace lasted on Dancing With the Stars. Artest also has done a guest spot on a sitcom that we didn’t watch.
Is World Peace even the least bit believable as a Southern DA? Sure, it’s acting. And is this really any less believable than anything else on the Lifetime Movie Network? You know, that channel your mother in law always has on at her place, either that or CSI reruns? Now she’s going to ask you about World Peace. Be prepared to tell her how World Peace the DA would have charged World Peace the player for that elbow to James Harden‘s head.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 5
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 30
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21