Jun 11, 2012, 1:33 PM EST
I really despise the NBA clutch/closer debate, because it can be arbitrary and it’s easy to pigeonhole guys into being great or terrible in the clutch when the reality for both is closer to the average. Just remember what Rockets GM Daryl Morey (and many others) said — good teams don’t win more close games, good teams avoid being in close games.
Still, let’s be honest — game winning shots are fun to watch. So here are some of the best and most dramatic moments from the NBA season. Something to do on a day off while waiting for the NBA finals to kick in on Tuesday.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15