Jun 11, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
I really despise the NBA clutch/closer debate, because it can be arbitrary and it’s easy to pigeonhole guys into being great or terrible in the clutch when the reality for both is closer to the average. Just remember what Rockets GM Daryl Morey (and many others) said — good teams don’t win more close games, good teams avoid being in close games.
Still, let’s be honest — game winning shots are fun to watch. So here are some of the best and most dramatic moments from the NBA season. Something to do on a day off while waiting for the NBA finals to kick in on Tuesday.
- George Hill not yet cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks, remains a game-time decision 0
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 20
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 16
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 53
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Watch live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Watch live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay