Jun 11, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
I really despise the NBA clutch/closer debate, because it can be arbitrary and it’s easy to pigeonhole guys into being great or terrible in the clutch when the reality for both is closer to the average. Just remember what Rockets GM Daryl Morey (and many others) said — good teams don’t win more close games, good teams avoid being in close games.
Still, let’s be honest — game winning shots are fun to watch. So here are some of the best and most dramatic moments from the NBA season. Something to do on a day off while waiting for the NBA finals to kick in on Tuesday.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 2
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 13
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24