Jun 11, 2012, 12:45 AM EST
Really?!? Who came up with this?
This is the Spurs organization loyal to Duncan, and reportedly Duncan hates Garnett. So you’re going to pair them?
It sounds both ill advised and strange. That said, it would make the already formidable Spurs potential frontrunners in the West. It makes some sense on the court, but it still just feels wrong.
Apparently the Spurs are thinking about it anyway, according to Buck Harvey in the San Antonio Express-News (hat tip CSNNE.com).
The Spurs will consider everything and everyone this summer when free agency begins. But one option tossed out this weekend by one in the Spurs organization is not just another name. Kevin Garnett.
Most likely both Duncan and Garnett will re-sign with their current teams. Duncan certainly will, he will be a Spur forever. And I have a tough time seeing KG taking a huge pay cut to jump conferences. Especially after that playoff run.
But it’s out there.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 8
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54