Jun 11, 2012, 12:45 AM EDT
Really?!? Who came up with this?
This is the Spurs organization loyal to Duncan, and reportedly Duncan hates Garnett. So you’re going to pair them?
It sounds both ill advised and strange. That said, it would make the already formidable Spurs potential frontrunners in the West. It makes some sense on the court, but it still just feels wrong.
Apparently the Spurs are thinking about it anyway, according to Buck Harvey in the San Antonio Express-News (hat tip CSNNE.com).
The Spurs will consider everything and everyone this summer when free agency begins. But one option tossed out this weekend by one in the Spurs organization is not just another name. Kevin Garnett.
Most likely both Duncan and Garnett will re-sign with their current teams. Duncan certainly will, he will be a Spur forever. And I have a tough time seeing KG taking a huge pay cut to jump conferences. Especially after that playoff run.
But it’s out there.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 0
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18