Jun 11, 2012, 12:45 AM EST
Really?!? Who came up with this?
This is the Spurs organization loyal to Duncan, and reportedly Duncan hates Garnett. So you’re going to pair them?
It sounds both ill advised and strange. That said, it would make the already formidable Spurs potential frontrunners in the West. It makes some sense on the court, but it still just feels wrong.
Apparently the Spurs are thinking about it anyway, according to Buck Harvey in the San Antonio Express-News (hat tip CSNNE.com).
The Spurs will consider everything and everyone this summer when free agency begins. But one option tossed out this weekend by one in the Spurs organization is not just another name. Kevin Garnett.
Most likely both Duncan and Garnett will re-sign with their current teams. Duncan certainly will, he will be a Spur forever. And I have a tough time seeing KG taking a huge pay cut to jump conferences. Especially after that playoff run.
But it’s out there.
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 4
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 3
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 12
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 28
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)