Jun 11, 2012, 12:45 AM EDT
Really?!? Who came up with this?
This is the Spurs organization loyal to Duncan, and reportedly Duncan hates Garnett. So you’re going to pair them?
It sounds both ill advised and strange. That said, it would make the already formidable Spurs potential frontrunners in the West. It makes some sense on the court, but it still just feels wrong.
Apparently the Spurs are thinking about it anyway, according to Buck Harvey in the San Antonio Express-News (hat tip CSNNE.com).
The Spurs will consider everything and everyone this summer when free agency begins. But one option tossed out this weekend by one in the Spurs organization is not just another name. Kevin Garnett.
Most likely both Duncan and Garnett will re-sign with their current teams. Duncan certainly will, he will be a Spur forever. And I have a tough time seeing KG taking a huge pay cut to jump conferences. Especially after that playoff run.
But it’s out there.
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 21
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 54
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 13
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19