Jun 11, 2012, 12:45 AM EST
Really?!? Who came up with this?
This is the Spurs organization loyal to Duncan, and reportedly Duncan hates Garnett. So you’re going to pair them?
It sounds both ill advised and strange. That said, it would make the already formidable Spurs potential frontrunners in the West. It makes some sense on the court, but it still just feels wrong.
Apparently the Spurs are thinking about it anyway, according to Buck Harvey in the San Antonio Express-News (hat tip CSNNE.com).
The Spurs will consider everything and everyone this summer when free agency begins. But one option tossed out this weekend by one in the Spurs organization is not just another name. Kevin Garnett.
Most likely both Duncan and Garnett will re-sign with their current teams. Duncan certainly will, he will be a Spur forever. And I have a tough time seeing KG taking a huge pay cut to jump conferences. Especially after that playoff run.
But it’s out there.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 8: Kobe Bryant returns 0
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 2
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 4
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 35
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 16
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22