Jun 11, 2012, 10:28 PM EDT
He played through it, after struggling at first he seemed to accept what the sacrifice would be and by the end Ray Allen was making a quality contribution to the Celtics playoff run.
But now that the Celtics season is over Allen is going to have surgery Wednesday to get the bone spurs in his ankle taken care of, he told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“That’s my first priority, just going into surgery sometime,” said Allen, who will undergo the procedure Wednesday. “If I can do it tomorrow, I would do it tomorrow. That’s probably my main concern right now. My body feels good. That’s been the only issue.”
Allen has been a Celtic for the past five seasons but may well not be back. He is a free agent and Avery Bradley has taken his starting job. While Boston would like to have Allen return in a reserve role there are other teams — other potential contending teams — who might pay more to have a veteran sharp shooter on the roster.
Either way, his ankles should be fully healed.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 10
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29