Jun 11, 2012, 10:28 PM EDT
He played through it, after struggling at first he seemed to accept what the sacrifice would be and by the end Ray Allen was making a quality contribution to the Celtics playoff run.
But now that the Celtics season is over Allen is going to have surgery Wednesday to get the bone spurs in his ankle taken care of, he told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“That’s my first priority, just going into surgery sometime,” said Allen, who will undergo the procedure Wednesday. “If I can do it tomorrow, I would do it tomorrow. That’s probably my main concern right now. My body feels good. That’s been the only issue.”
Allen has been a Celtic for the past five seasons but may well not be back. He is a free agent and Avery Bradley has taken his starting job. While Boston would like to have Allen return in a reserve role there are other teams — other potential contending teams — who might pay more to have a veteran sharp shooter on the roster.
Either way, his ankles should be fully healed.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28