Jun 11, 2012, 10:28 PM EDT
He played through it, after struggling at first he seemed to accept what the sacrifice would be and by the end Ray Allen was making a quality contribution to the Celtics playoff run.
But now that the Celtics season is over Allen is going to have surgery Wednesday to get the bone spurs in his ankle taken care of, he told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“That’s my first priority, just going into surgery sometime,” said Allen, who will undergo the procedure Wednesday. “If I can do it tomorrow, I would do it tomorrow. That’s probably my main concern right now. My body feels good. That’s been the only issue.”
Allen has been a Celtic for the past five seasons but may well not be back. He is a free agent and Avery Bradley has taken his starting job. While Boston would like to have Allen return in a reserve role there are other teams — other potential contending teams — who might pay more to have a veteran sharp shooter on the roster.
Either way, his ankles should be fully healed.
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 2
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 8
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 4