Jun 11, 2012, 10:28 PM EST
He played through it, after struggling at first he seemed to accept what the sacrifice would be and by the end Ray Allen was making a quality contribution to the Celtics playoff run.
But now that the Celtics season is over Allen is going to have surgery Wednesday to get the bone spurs in his ankle taken care of, he told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“That’s my first priority, just going into surgery sometime,” said Allen, who will undergo the procedure Wednesday. “If I can do it tomorrow, I would do it tomorrow. That’s probably my main concern right now. My body feels good. That’s been the only issue.”
Allen has been a Celtic for the past five seasons but may well not be back. He is a free agent and Avery Bradley has taken his starting job. While Boston would like to have Allen return in a reserve role there are other teams — other potential contending teams — who might pay more to have a veteran sharp shooter on the roster.
Either way, his ankles should be fully healed.
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 9
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 6
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 15
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 36
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (70)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)