Jun 11, 2012, 10:28 PM EDT
He played through it, after struggling at first he seemed to accept what the sacrifice would be and by the end Ray Allen was making a quality contribution to the Celtics playoff run.
But now that the Celtics season is over Allen is going to have surgery Wednesday to get the bone spurs in his ankle taken care of, he told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“That’s my first priority, just going into surgery sometime,” said Allen, who will undergo the procedure Wednesday. “If I can do it tomorrow, I would do it tomorrow. That’s probably my main concern right now. My body feels good. That’s been the only issue.”
Allen has been a Celtic for the past five seasons but may well not be back. He is a free agent and Avery Bradley has taken his starting job. While Boston would like to have Allen return in a reserve role there are other teams — other potential contending teams — who might pay more to have a veteran sharp shooter on the roster.
Either way, his ankles should be fully healed.
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 0
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 6
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 21