Jun 11, 2012, 9:25 PM EST
LeBron James probably said it best about Mike Miller’s assortment of injuries — he needs a body-ectomy after this series. You’d be hard pressed to find a part of him that doesn’t need some treatment after the finals.
But don’t think Mike Miller is done. Despite the report that came out earlier today.
At media day Monday he said he is not ready to retire after this season. Via the Sun Sentinel:
The text message was swift and to the point, only minutes afterESPN reported that he had said these NBA Finals could be the final two weeks of his career.
“What!!!!” was the text message reply from Miami Heat forward Mike Miller to the Sun Sentinel….
“I’m not retiring,” he told the Sun Sentinel (in a phone call). “I don’t know what I’m doing.”
I can give you 18.8 million reasons Miller is not about to retire — that is how much he is owed over the next three seasons. He’s not crazy, he’s not walking away from that. He has back problems that require pain injections, but the Heat will have to use an amnesty clause on him if they want the cap space.
And if he can find a way to get healthy he can contribute. He just might need that body-ectomy first.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 16
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11