Jun 11, 2012, 9:25 PM EDT
LeBron James probably said it best about Mike Miller’s assortment of injuries — he needs a body-ectomy after this series. You’d be hard pressed to find a part of him that doesn’t need some treatment after the finals.
But don’t think Mike Miller is done. Despite the report that came out earlier today.
At media day Monday he said he is not ready to retire after this season. Via the Sun Sentinel:
The text message was swift and to the point, only minutes afterESPN reported that he had said these NBA Finals could be the final two weeks of his career.
“What!!!!” was the text message reply from Miami Heat forward Mike Miller to the Sun Sentinel….
“I’m not retiring,” he told the Sun Sentinel (in a phone call). “I don’t know what I’m doing.”
I can give you 18.8 million reasons Miller is not about to retire — that is how much he is owed over the next three seasons. He’s not crazy, he’s not walking away from that. He has back problems that require pain injections, but the Heat will have to use an amnesty clause on him if they want the cap space.
And if he can find a way to get healthy he can contribute. He just might need that body-ectomy first.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50