Jun 11, 2012, 11:59 AM EDT
Bradley Beal feels pretty confident he is going high in this draft.
You can tell because he’s not bothering to work out for the Kings at No. 5 or anyone below that, reports Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated.
Agent Mark Bartelstein told SI.com that he has no plans for Beal to conduct workouts with teams beyond the top four. Beal is tentatively scheduled to work out for Washington on Thursday, Cleveland on Saturday and Charlotte on June 18.
Beal is the best shooting guard in the draft and is drawing a lot of Eric Gordon comparisons. His athleticism, defense and potential have teams overlooking his pedestrian shooting numbers at Florida last season (33 percent from three) because he has good form and shot better in high school. He measured 6’4.5″ in shoes at the combine, which is a bit small for an NBA two guard but not as bad as some scouts had thought. He beat expectations, that helps.
Nobody knows what the Bobcats are going to do at No. 2, but if they take Thomas Robinson or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist then it falls to the Wizards at No. 3, who reportedly like the idea of Beal’s shot next to John Wall. After that comes the Cavaliers at No. 4 and again they would like a quality two guard to pair with rookie of the year Kyrie Irving.
He probably doesn’t fall past that. At the end of the day the name of the game is to put the ball in the basket and if you can do that like Beal you have value. Real value.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6