Jun 11, 2012, 11:59 AM EDT
Bradley Beal feels pretty confident he is going high in this draft.
You can tell because he’s not bothering to work out for the Kings at No. 5 or anyone below that, reports Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated.
Agent Mark Bartelstein told SI.com that he has no plans for Beal to conduct workouts with teams beyond the top four. Beal is tentatively scheduled to work out for Washington on Thursday, Cleveland on Saturday and Charlotte on June 18.
Beal is the best shooting guard in the draft and is drawing a lot of Eric Gordon comparisons. His athleticism, defense and potential have teams overlooking his pedestrian shooting numbers at Florida last season (33 percent from three) because he has good form and shot better in high school. He measured 6’4.5″ in shoes at the combine, which is a bit small for an NBA two guard but not as bad as some scouts had thought. He beat expectations, that helps.
Nobody knows what the Bobcats are going to do at No. 2, but if they take Thomas Robinson or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist then it falls to the Wizards at No. 3, who reportedly like the idea of Beal’s shot next to John Wall. After that comes the Cavaliers at No. 4 and again they would like a quality two guard to pair with rookie of the year Kyrie Irving.
He probably doesn’t fall past that. At the end of the day the name of the game is to put the ball in the basket and if you can do that like Beal you have value. Real value.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18