Jun 11, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
For the three games since he returned from a strained abdomen, Chris Bosh has come off the bench — but in Game 7 against Boston he played 31 minutes. Which is basically James Harden/Manu Ginobili sixth man minutes.
So for the finals Game 1, does Bosh go back into the starting lineup? Or is he now he Heat’s sixth man?
Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said he hadn’t made a decision about whether Bosh would start or not. Sure he hasn’t, he just doesn’t want to tip off the Thunder. Here is the exact quote, via Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
“I’ll consider everything by [Tuesday] night,” was the limit of what Spoelstra would reveal at Monday’s media day. “I think he can handle more minutes. We’ll have to see. He was able to handle the 31 minutes. He had to come out a couple times because of wind, but I think each game we’ll get better.”
Did you hear the tap dancing music in the background? Spoelstra is moving those feet.
Bosh, he couldn’t really care less.
“If we get off to good starts, hopefully I can come in and really increase the lead, increase the efficiency on the offensive and defensive ends and we can take our play up another notch when I come in,” he said. “It’s been working out and it’s Coach’s call. Whatever he wants to do, I’m with it.”
What matters here is that like the fourth quarter against Boston, you can bet Bosh will be on the floor for the Heat at the key moments. Which is huge. He has to be covered by someone like Serge Ibaka or Kendrick Perkins and he can drag them out all the way to the three-point like because they have to respect his shot. And if Ibaka is out at the arc he’s not in the paint blocking shots.
You’re going to see a lot of Bosh this series. You just may not see him at the opening tip.
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 1
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 29