Jun 10, 2012, 10:06 AM EST
The Bosh threes were what won the day. The Wade and-one and jumpers were what ran them out. But this LeBron James dagger pull-up three with 5:46 to go? That was when the Celtics knew. It was not their day. Their day is over. It is the Heat’s day, the Heat’s world, the Heat’s time, in the East, for now, and again.
And you can’t be upset if you’re Boston. What are you going to do? That’s an impossible shot. It’s not a good shot. It’s not quality offense. It’s the same kind of shot Paul Pierce hit in Game 5 to put the game to bed for Boston, only so much more dramatic. The Celtics would not get closer than five after that shot.
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 0
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 52
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 13
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12