Jun 10, 2012, 1:45 AM EDT
We don’t know what the future will hold, but there’s a good chance that Boston’s Big Three (or Core Four or whatever other nickname you have for them) will not be back together next year. Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett are free agents, and their futures with the team are uncertain.
So it was an emotional end when, with the game out of reach and 25 seconds remaining, Doc Rivers pulled Paul Pierce, Garnett and Allen off the floor. You could tell how they were feeling. This can’t be easy (especially since they led or were deep in the mix of this game for three and a half quarters).
If this is the end, they will be missed. This group played some old-time basketball — they defended hard, they moved the ball, they were not afraid to mix it up but could bring you the sublime and beautiful ball movement that would make any coach proud. The NBA was better for having them join forces
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16