Jun 10, 2012, 1:45 AM EDT
We don’t know what the future will hold, but there’s a good chance that Boston’s Big Three (or Core Four or whatever other nickname you have for them) will not be back together next year. Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett are free agents, and their futures with the team are uncertain.
So it was an emotional end when, with the game out of reach and 25 seconds remaining, Doc Rivers pulled Paul Pierce, Garnett and Allen off the floor. You could tell how they were feeling. This can’t be easy (especially since they led or were deep in the mix of this game for three and a half quarters).
If this is the end, they will be missed. This group played some old-time basketball — they defended hard, they moved the ball, they were not afraid to mix it up but could bring you the sublime and beautiful ball movement that would make any coach proud. The NBA was better for having them join forces
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48