Jun 8, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is going to be a top 3 pick come June 28. He’s the kind of player coaches love because he is good at just about everything — although the jump shot needs work — and he just outworks everybody. He defends hard, rebounds and is just a team leader by example — he was the glue of that Kentucky squad that won a national title.
He talks about the other reason coaches love him — Kidd-Gilchrist is a competitor who hates to lose. Which means the first couple years he is in the league will be an adjustment. But these are the kind of guys you want to have at the core of a building team.
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 0
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 12
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6