Jun 8, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is going to be a top 3 pick come June 28. He’s the kind of player coaches love because he is good at just about everything — although the jump shot needs work — and he just outworks everybody. He defends hard, rebounds and is just a team leader by example — he was the glue of that Kentucky squad that won a national title.
He talks about the other reason coaches love him — Kidd-Gilchrist is a competitor who hates to lose. Which means the first couple years he is in the league will be an adjustment. But these are the kind of guys you want to have at the core of a building team.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 45
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31