Jun 8, 2012, 4:20 PM EST
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is going to be a top 3 pick come June 28. He’s the kind of player coaches love because he is good at just about everything — although the jump shot needs work — and he just outworks everybody. He defends hard, rebounds and is just a team leader by example — he was the glue of that Kentucky squad that won a national title.
He talks about the other reason coaches love him — Kidd-Gilchrist is a competitor who hates to lose. Which means the first couple years he is in the league will be an adjustment. But these are the kind of guys you want to have at the core of a building team.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13