Jun 8, 2012, 4:20 PM EST
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is going to be a top 3 pick come June 28. He’s the kind of player coaches love because he is good at just about everything — although the jump shot needs work — and he just outworks everybody. He defends hard, rebounds and is just a team leader by example — he was the glue of that Kentucky squad that won a national title.
He talks about the other reason coaches love him — Kidd-Gilchrist is a competitor who hates to lose. Which means the first couple years he is in the league will be an adjustment. But these are the kind of guys you want to have at the core of a building team.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 14
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 11
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 34
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 18
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (47)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)