Jun 8, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is going to be a top 3 pick come June 28. He’s the kind of player coaches love because he is good at just about everything — although the jump shot needs work — and he just outworks everybody. He defends hard, rebounds and is just a team leader by example — he was the glue of that Kentucky squad that won a national title.
He talks about the other reason coaches love him — Kidd-Gilchrist is a competitor who hates to lose. Which means the first couple years he is in the league will be an adjustment. But these are the kind of guys you want to have at the core of a building team.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 0
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18