Jun 8, 2012, 11:55 AM EST
Austin Rivers is one of the tougher guys to place in this draft. No doubt Doc Rivers’ son has NBA game — great basketball IQ, good shooter well out to the NBA three-point line, good handles (very good hesitation and crossover moves) and he plays a smooth, confident game. But there’s a concern he doesn’t play well within a system, that he wants to score and may struggle to fit himself into the NBA game.
Rivers talked about that at the draft combine, as well as how his father helped influence his decision to leave Duke after one year. As if anyone actually thought he was staying.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5