Jun 8, 2012, 11:55 AM EST
Austin Rivers is one of the tougher guys to place in this draft. No doubt Doc Rivers’ son has NBA game — great basketball IQ, good shooter well out to the NBA three-point line, good handles (very good hesitation and crossover moves) and he plays a smooth, confident game. But there’s a concern he doesn’t play well within a system, that he wants to score and may struggle to fit himself into the NBA game.
Rivers talked about that at the draft combine, as well as how his father helped influence his decision to leave Duke after one year. As if anyone actually thought he was staying.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday 0
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 8
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 7
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 16
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)