Jun 8, 2012, 11:55 AM EDT
Austin Rivers is one of the tougher guys to place in this draft. No doubt Doc Rivers’ son has NBA game — great basketball IQ, good shooter well out to the NBA three-point line, good handles (very good hesitation and crossover moves) and he plays a smooth, confident game. But there’s a concern he doesn’t play well within a system, that he wants to score and may struggle to fit himself into the NBA game.
Rivers talked about that at the draft combine, as well as how his father helped influence his decision to leave Duke after one year. As if anyone actually thought he was staying.
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 1
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 32
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 30
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25