Jun 8, 2012, 11:55 AM EST
Austin Rivers is one of the tougher guys to place in this draft. No doubt Doc Rivers’ son has NBA game — great basketball IQ, good shooter well out to the NBA three-point line, good handles (very good hesitation and crossover moves) and he plays a smooth, confident game. But there’s a concern he doesn’t play well within a system, that he wants to score and may struggle to fit himself into the NBA game.
Rivers talked about that at the draft combine, as well as how his father helped influence his decision to leave Duke after one year. As if anyone actually thought he was staying.
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 45
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22