Jun 8, 2012, 11:55 AM EDT
Austin Rivers is one of the tougher guys to place in this draft. No doubt Doc Rivers’ son has NBA game — great basketball IQ, good shooter well out to the NBA three-point line, good handles (very good hesitation and crossover moves) and he plays a smooth, confident game. But there’s a concern he doesn’t play well within a system, that he wants to score and may struggle to fit himself into the NBA game.
Rivers talked about that at the draft combine, as well as how his father helped influence his decision to leave Duke after one year. As if anyone actually thought he was staying.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 1
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 13
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 22
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29