Jun 8, 2012, 11:16 PM EDT
NBC Sports Network’s Vin Parise spent the week at the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago and brings us up to date on some of the big news out of the final day.
Highlights of that include Purdue’s Robbie Hummel turning a few heads, Ohio State’s Jared Sullinger not measuring out undersized and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist impressing. General Managers like Kidd-Gilchrist, but like the rest of us who watched Kentucky play this year coaches love him. He defends, he hustles every play. What more do you want?
What you need to remember about the combine: Interviews matter, measurements and drills much less so. Scouts and teams already have a sense of the guys as players, they want to know them as people before they consider investing millions in them.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 19
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49