Jun 8, 2012, 11:16 PM EST
NBC Sports Network’s Vin Parise spent the week at the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago and brings us up to date on some of the big news out of the final day.
Highlights of that include Purdue’s Robbie Hummel turning a few heads, Ohio State’s Jared Sullinger not measuring out undersized and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist impressing. General Managers like Kidd-Gilchrist, but like the rest of us who watched Kentucky play this year coaches love him. He defends, he hustles every play. What more do you want?
What you need to remember about the combine: Interviews matter, measurements and drills much less so. Scouts and teams already have a sense of the guys as players, they want to know them as people before they consider investing millions in them.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13