Jun 8, 2012, 11:16 PM EDT
NBC Sports Network’s Vin Parise spent the week at the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago and brings us up to date on some of the big news out of the final day.
Highlights of that include Purdue’s Robbie Hummel turning a few heads, Ohio State’s Jared Sullinger not measuring out undersized and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist impressing. General Managers like Kidd-Gilchrist, but like the rest of us who watched Kentucky play this year coaches love him. He defends, he hustles every play. What more do you want?
What you need to remember about the combine: Interviews matter, measurements and drills much less so. Scouts and teams already have a sense of the guys as players, they want to know them as people before they consider investing millions in them.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14