Jun 8, 2012, 11:16 PM EDT
NBC Sports Network’s Vin Parise spent the week at the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago and brings us up to date on some of the big news out of the final day.
Highlights of that include Purdue’s Robbie Hummel turning a few heads, Ohio State’s Jared Sullinger not measuring out undersized and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist impressing. General Managers like Kidd-Gilchrist, but like the rest of us who watched Kentucky play this year coaches love him. He defends, he hustles every play. What more do you want?
What you need to remember about the combine: Interviews matter, measurements and drills much less so. Scouts and teams already have a sense of the guys as players, they want to know them as people before they consider investing millions in them.
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 0
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36