Jun 8, 2012, 11:16 PM EDT
NBC Sports Network’s Vin Parise spent the week at the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago and brings us up to date on some of the big news out of the final day.
Highlights of that include Purdue’s Robbie Hummel turning a few heads, Ohio State’s Jared Sullinger not measuring out undersized and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist impressing. General Managers like Kidd-Gilchrist, but like the rest of us who watched Kentucky play this year coaches love him. He defends, he hustles every play. What more do you want?
What you need to remember about the combine: Interviews matter, measurements and drills much less so. Scouts and teams already have a sense of the guys as players, they want to know them as people before they consider investing millions in them.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 4
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5