Jun 8, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Let the guessing begin.
Syracuse Guard Dion Waiters has pulled out of all future workouts and interviews with NBA teams — he got a promise from some team (and stops talking to other teams so someone doesn’t take him higher).
Who made the promise?
The surprising move gave the indication that he had a promise in the mid-first round. It’s not known if that’s the case, though a team executive with good reason to find out said the leading suspects are Toronto (No. 8) and Phoenix (No. 13).
However, Doug Smith of the Toronto Star is shooting down the Raptors rumor after talking with Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo.
“His agent has told me there’s a promise to another team. Regardless, if he’s on the board he’s in our mix.”
There is a lot of misdirection and smokescreens out there, so you should be careful trusting what anybody says. Waiters is a guy some GMs love and could go before he even fell to the Raptors at No. 8.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 15
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 16
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46