Jun 8, 2012, 12:36 PM EST
Let the guessing begin.
Syracuse Guard Dion Waiters has pulled out of all future workouts and interviews with NBA teams — he got a promise from some team (and stops talking to other teams so someone doesn’t take him higher).
Who made the promise?
The surprising move gave the indication that he had a promise in the mid-first round. It’s not known if that’s the case, though a team executive with good reason to find out said the leading suspects are Toronto (No. 8) and Phoenix (No. 13).
However, Doug Smith of the Toronto Star is shooting down the Raptors rumor after talking with Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo.
“His agent has told me there’s a promise to another team. Regardless, if he’s on the board he’s in our mix.”
There is a lot of misdirection and smokescreens out there, so you should be careful trusting what anybody says. Waiters is a guy some GMs love and could go before he even fell to the Raptors at No. 8.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 0
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 4
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8