Jun 8, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Let the guessing begin.
Syracuse Guard Dion Waiters has pulled out of all future workouts and interviews with NBA teams — he got a promise from some team (and stops talking to other teams so someone doesn’t take him higher).
Who made the promise?
The surprising move gave the indication that he had a promise in the mid-first round. It’s not known if that’s the case, though a team executive with good reason to find out said the leading suspects are Toronto (No. 8) and Phoenix (No. 13).
However, Doug Smith of the Toronto Star is shooting down the Raptors rumor after talking with Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo.
“His agent has told me there’s a promise to another team. Regardless, if he’s on the board he’s in our mix.”
There is a lot of misdirection and smokescreens out there, so you should be careful trusting what anybody says. Waiters is a guy some GMs love and could go before he even fell to the Raptors at No. 8.
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 0
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 1
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 20
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 23