Jun 8, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Let the guessing begin.
Syracuse Guard Dion Waiters has pulled out of all future workouts and interviews with NBA teams — he got a promise from some team (and stops talking to other teams so someone doesn’t take him higher).
Who made the promise?
The surprising move gave the indication that he had a promise in the mid-first round. It’s not known if that’s the case, though a team executive with good reason to find out said the leading suspects are Toronto (No. 8) and Phoenix (No. 13).
However, Doug Smith of the Toronto Star is shooting down the Raptors rumor after talking with Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo.
“His agent has told me there’s a promise to another team. Regardless, if he’s on the board he’s in our mix.”
There is a lot of misdirection and smokescreens out there, so you should be careful trusting what anybody says. Waiters is a guy some GMs love and could go before he even fell to the Raptors at No. 8.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 0
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48