Jun 8, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Let the guessing begin.
Syracuse Guard Dion Waiters has pulled out of all future workouts and interviews with NBA teams — he got a promise from some team (and stops talking to other teams so someone doesn’t take him higher).
Who made the promise?
The surprising move gave the indication that he had a promise in the mid-first round. It’s not known if that’s the case, though a team executive with good reason to find out said the leading suspects are Toronto (No. 8) and Phoenix (No. 13).
However, Doug Smith of the Toronto Star is shooting down the Raptors rumor after talking with Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo.
“His agent has told me there’s a promise to another team. Regardless, if he’s on the board he’s in our mix.”
There is a lot of misdirection and smokescreens out there, so you should be careful trusting what anybody says. Waiters is a guy some GMs love and could go before he even fell to the Raptors at No. 8.
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 0
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 3
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 21
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 39
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33