“Fearless” LeBron carries Heat, but he’ll have to do it again

Jun 8, 2012, 12:18 AM EDT

Miami Heat v Boston Celtics - Game Six Getty Images

Sometimes it’s good to have the best player on the planet on your team.

LeBron James made Boston Garden his own personal playground for Game 6 — 45 points, 15 rebounds and five assists. It was as dominant a performance as he has given in the playoffs. He set the tone from the opening moments and pushed the Heat into a Game 7 with a 98-79 win.

“He was absolutely fearless tonight,” Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said in a televised press conference after the game. “And it was contagious.”

Now, he just has to do it again.

The problem for Miami is that to win with this roster they need exceptional games from James and/or Dwyane Wade. Not good, they got that in Game 5 and lost. They need exceptional, heroic efforts. That’s the only way they can score enough. It’s the only way they have been able to win — it was that way against the Pacers in the previous round, it is the same now. It’s what LeBron faced in Cleveland, for that matter.

So, can he do it again?

“I don’t know,” LeBron said with a shrug after the game. “I will tell you every game is its own (thing). I will continue to try to be aggressive. I will continue to try to play at a high level like I have done this whole postseason.”

LeBron took control of Game 6 from the opening tip, shooting 6-for-7 for 14 points in the first quarter, pushing the Heat to a 16-point lead. It didn’t stop, he got hotter in the second quarter and had 30 points by the half.

LeBron had a real lift in his shot — he was taking a lot of jump shots and fadeaways — but because of the spring in his step he was elevating over defenders and there were some pretty good looks. There were also contested, difficult shots. Didn’t matter. They all went in.

With the jumper falling, everything opened up. LeBron blew past guys off the dribble to get into the lane. He would pump fake and the Celtics defenders would bite, then LeBron leaned in and drew the foul. When the Celtics went zone, he cut to the middle of the paint, caught the pass and hit the turnaround. Boston went to Brandon Bass to be more physical in the second half, so LeBron started moving without the ball and left Bass in his dust. LeBron scored pretty much any way he pleased.

“I hope now you guys can stop talking about LeBron and how he doesn’t play in big games,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. “He was pretty good tonight. Now that’s to bed.”

But that meme is not dead, not with a lot of fans who love to hate LeBron following the graceless way he left Cleveland for Miami. If Miami falls short at home in Game 7, for whatever reason, it will be LeBron’s fault. And for the Heat to win, he will need another monster game.

And this kind of game may not be sustainable. LeBron knocked down eight shots from the midrange, and that is hard to sustain. LeBron did a lot of damage in the halfcourt; he did it without many easy transition buckets. That’s not usually his game.

LeBron’s 45/15/5 was better than Boston’s entire Big Three (31 points, 13 rebounds, two assists). And the only way the Heat can beat Boston in Game 7 and return to the finals is another game like that from LeBron. Again, only he and Wade (17 points) scored in double figures. Miami can only win when one or both of them go off.

It is the sad reality for LeBron now, fair or not — Thursday night he was dynamic and incredible, but he’ll have to do it again Saturday to reach his goal. There would not be a Game 7 without LeBron. But unless he steps up again, perceptions will not change.

142 Comments (Feed for Comments)
  1. bozosforall - Jun 8, 2012 at 12:25 AM

LBJ put his hands on the necks of the Celtics. Game 7, he will squeeze the life out of them. CHOKE CITY

• andyhr17 - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Surprised to see you be the first person commenting on a Celtics loss. Not really your MO.

• drewzducks - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Looks like he finally clawed his way out of the closet and waiting for the start of the Lakers game.

• infectorman - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:54 AM

bozosforall – Jun 6, 2012 at 2:49 PM

It’s payback. AIDSinfectedman. And true to form, you New England losers have proven to have no problem dishing it out but can’t take it in return. My long-term experiment to prove this fact has been an unmitigated success. Congratulations for proving to be the chumps that I originally hypothisized you all were.
        ____________

We go now to the MAD scientist, hunkered down in his Mommy’s cellar dreaming up cyberspace experiments in his warped little “brain” to avenge those mean nasty, inconsiderate New Englanders for all their years of mockery of his binky, the great Yankees
        Sees himself as a Superhero!!!
        Armed with redundant Broadband Connections, multiple Laptops, with stubby digits hovering over multiple keyboards,
        He stands at the ready to fight all injustice toward his precious citizens of Metropolis- who have suffered such outrageous slings and arrows arriving from the North!!!!
        Pay they must! for their insubordination, revelry in our misery and for not bowing down to the Mighty Steinbrenner, who wields the Universe’s most Powerful Checkbook!!! Pay they must!!!!

Fear NOT! Faithful citizens of Metropolis, For the fearless (and paranoid delusional) BOZOSFORALL, Stands at the ready, steadfast and true, to strike down with bits and bytes, any and all who forsake the Mighty Steinbrenner!!!
        Forever the guardian of the Mays, the Mantle the DiMaggio, the Jester and Clemens !!!! Vanquish thine enemies he MUST!
        The mighty bozosforall!!!!! Du Da da da DAAAHHH!!!!!!

(CCCRRRAAAZZZZZYYYYY as a LOON!!!!!)

• bozosforall - Jun 9, 2012 at 11:39 PM

No surprise that you are crying like the little baby that you are.

• electstat - Jun 8, 2012 at 10:40 AM

They are going to need to play better defense then they did in game 6. Boston was missing too many uncontested shots. Can’t assume that’s going to happen again.

• bozosforall - Jun 9, 2012 at 11:42 PM

They lost. The end.

2. canehouse - Jun 8, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Fantastic performance by LEBRON tonight did I mention LEBRON was Fantastic…? Outstanding team effort on defense… where are u drooling haters? Step away from your girlfriend that just got off from a double shift at walmart and bow to his greatness… if you’re going to hate with synthetic venom… the least u can do is man up once and give credit where credit is due!!

• lucky5934 - Jun 8, 2012 at 6:11 AM

I am not a LBJ fan at all. Can’t stand him to be honest. I will however, give credit where credit is due. He FINALLY played liked he was suppose to all along. Question is was this a one time thing or was this the game that gives him the confidence to give this effort for the remainder of the playoffs.

On a side note, funny comment on the walmart girlfriend. I guess someone has to supervise your mother slacking on bathroom duty. Perhaps the girlfriend will allow your mom to stop filling soap dispensers and replacing toilet paper long enough to give her a night off to watch the Heat play game 7.

• turnmymicup - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM

What do you mean FINALLY? Do you watch the games or just the highlights? When lucky5934 gets a chance to check the stats he will see only LeBron and Wilt Chamberlin in 1978 have had performances like the one he had last night. To answer your question yes he can do it again. Considering he only scored 10 more points and got 5 more rebounds than what he is averaging in the PLAYOFFS. LeBron is kind of a big deal right now even Doc Rivers acknowledged that. Where have you been lucky? Oh my bad probably at Walmart picking up supplies for your secret “I Love LeBron” poster.

• hscdaw - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:07 AM

canehouse, are you in fact LBJ? Your Wal Mart comment sounds very similar to LeBron’s comments after his finals loss last year.

• ceschatz - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I do love how the haters can only bring up the past. Yes, the Heat lost last year. But guess what? They are still in it this year. Suck it up and enjoy some basketball before we are stuck with only baseball and nascar

3. md23rewlz - Jun 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Man, it’s really too bad that a few days ago he said, “We played well enough to win, that’s all you can ask for.” It’s obvious that that quote was a harbinger of doom–it showed that he has no heart at all. Now, the Heat have the whole off-season to “ask for” more. Wait wait wait, they won? Huh? How is that possible, given the way that quote was dissected and the heat (pun) he took for it? WAIT, was he just saying a sports cliche that almost every player has said? Did a quote in a press conference behind a podium actually mean nothing to what happened on the court in tonight’s game of National Associated Basketball playing? I am shocked. Shocked, I say. Am I laying on the sarcasm a little thick? I think it’s actually the opposite. I’m not laying it on thick enough. Shooooooooooocked. There, better. Sorry, alcohol happened to me tonight, had to chuckle. I’m not a Heat fan, though. Just somebody who is generally amused by the way that sports fans overreact to things as simple as QUOTES.

4. 1972wasalongtimeago - Jun 8, 2012 at 12:43 AM

TampaJoey/Cantonbound13′ house, circa year 2032

Young Child: Grandpa, did you see the game that LeBron went 45, 15 and 5 against the Celtics in 2012?

TJ/CB13: Yes, I watched every minute of it.

Child: That must have been awesome.

TJ/CB13: Yeah, but I didn’t enjoy it.

Child: Grandpa, you’re not a Celtics fan.

TJ/CB13: I know, I just cheered for LeBron to fail because he thought he was great.

Child: Grandpa, you were a total schmuck. They all think they’re great, and your idiocy caused you to not be able to enjoy one of the greatest performances of all time. Your stupidity is limitless. And I’ve seen his press conferences, he seemed like a pretty good guy to me.

TJ/CB13: I know my child. My life was a total waste of time.

• cantonbound13 - Jun 8, 2012 at 5:00 AM

One game does not make him the greatest of this generation. Remember his 2-8 career record in the Finals? He hasn’t won game 7 yet & he hasn’t beaten OKC. Sleepy Floyd scored 51 points in a playoff game in 1987 to avoid elimination, I don’t think too many kids are talking about him to their grandfather.

• knightrider1755 - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:03 AM

You are clueless to say the least.

• deadeyedesign23 - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:24 AM

If you’re making a serious comparison from LBJ to Sleepy Floyd then you’re clearly just hating to hate.

• ceschatz - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Youre right, One game doesnt make him the greatest of this generation. But those 3 MVP’s might help alittle.

• electstat - Jun 8, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Cause Kobe doesn’t play in this generation, right?

• southbeachtalent - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Same thing happened to MJ and Magic. I remember as a kid (not having a local team) I rooted for the Cows, really I rooted for Jordan. As a kid I couldn’t understand the hate he recieved, you were either a Magic fan or an MJ fan but you couldn’t be both. I was both, I loved watching them play.

Today it’s Kobe or Lebron or Durant etc.. I’m a fan of them all. Hell, I think Ray Allen is a beast. KG is a hall of famer, Pierce is a hall of famer. And Rondo is a top PG in the league. When Pierce hit that three in Lebron’s face in Game 5 I thought WOW that was sick.. Denying greatness would be moronic. How can you deny what your eyes are showing you? How can you deny the statistical data?

I loved last nights game, not only because of the obvious but because of the greatness. It was a privelage to watch.

On to game 7…

• ceschatz - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Well said. Being a Heat fan aside, I’m overall a basketball fan. I can watch just about any game and enjoy their stars and what they do. I might despise certain teams but I can’t deny the talent they have,

• 1972wasalongtimeago - Jun 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM

TJ/CB13: You have to understand my child, in 2010, LeBron exercised his right of free agency and chose to play where he wanted.

Child: um….yeah….and?

TJ/CB13: Well, the fans in Cleveland really didn’t want him to leave.

Child: ….and?

TJ/CB13: and ESPN put on a show where LeBron was interviewed very awkwardly when he made his announcemnet that he was going to play for Miami.

Child: and that’s it? That’s why you deprived yourself of enjoying the career of LeBron James?

TJ/CB13: Oh hardly. A few days later they held a pep rally in Miami because they re-signed Dwyane Wade, and worked sign and trades out with Toronto and Cleveland in order to get LeBron and Chris Bosh.

Child: A pep rally? You wasted all your time and energy hoping LeBron will fail because of a pep rally?

TJ/CB13: Well, you should have seen it. They were all excited about how good their team was going to be.

Child: …..and?

TJ/CB13: LeBron actually said out loud that he thought they would win the championship every year he was to play there.

Child: But, don’t they all think they’re going to win every year?

TJ/CB13: Yes, but he said it? Like SAID IT.. OUT LOUD.

Child: Don’t you think he might have been being a little playful with the fans? Don’t you think that was harmless talk?

TJ/CB13: NO DAMMIT!!!!! HE SAID OUT LOUD THAT HE WAS GOING TO WIN & CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!! I HEARD IT!!!! I HATE HIM!!!! I HOPE HE FAILS EVERY TIME HE PLAYS!!!!!!

Child: Grandpa. I want to go home now. You’re an A-Hole, and I want nothing to do with you ever again for the rest of my life.

TJ/CB13: (weeping hysterically) but said he was going to win every year. he said it. I heard him (sobbing). I hate myself.

END SCENE

written and directed by 1972wasalomgtimeago
      thank you Southbeachtalent and rodge1 for your help.

5. p1nch3dloaf - Jun 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM

This guy been playing possum or what?

I was rooting for the clover but they got run over.

• duane888 - Jun 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM

In the previous 5 games, you’ll notice when Lebron brings up the ball over mid-court, he often passes to get his teammates involved….. and usually they’ll pass the ball right back to him.

Tonight he just “eff that” and went off Kobe Bryant style. Shoot first, pass second.

6. scalfor3 - Jun 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM

lebron was unbelievable.

dammit

7. reddolfan66 - Jun 8, 2012 at 1:07 AM

5 more wins so u can shut all these haters up!! Go Heat

• florida727 - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:46 AM

5 more WINS? If this clown wants to even be in the conversation of greatest of all time, he better go win 5 more CHAMPIONSHIPS. Until then, Russell, Kobe and Michael.

• southbeachtalent - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Clown? Really..

Weren’t you an actual broadcaster, according to you?

hmmm guessing that didn’t work out for you…

8. patsfiend - Jun 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Wow, that was something. And, the way the Celtics were shooting and turning the ball over, they are lucky they didn’t lose by 30.

Hey Bozo… it’s not a choke when the other guy has one of the best playoff performances ever. It’s not a choke when they already won the swing game on the road. It’s not a choke when you’re the underdog. It’s not a choke when your best players are all 35.

If your team had half the heart of the Celts (half) they’d still be playing, or at least would have taken OKC to six measly games. Tonight it’s Lebron over Celtics… but it’s still Celtics > Lakers. This year, and all time. Look it up, schmuck.

Oh, and pretty sweet of you to troll on this board enough to be the first comment (again) L-O-S-E-R!!

• md23rewlz - Jun 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

“It’s not a choke when your best players are all 35.” Boston was at home, up 3-2, and had a chance to close the series out. Instead, they got blown out. That’s because of age? Well, if that’s the case, then good luck winning this series on the road. You can’t use age as a cop-out. Boston was up 3-2 and at home.

• bozosforall - Jun 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM

The West is way better than the East…this year, last year and the year before. Boston is CHOKE CITY. They wouldn’t have had a chance in the West.

• knightrider1755 - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:05 AM

If Boston somehow wins this series, they’ll be swept by OKC. I’d rather see Lebron go up against Durant than an 80 year-old Ray Allen.

• bozosforall - Jun 9, 2012 at 11:38 PM

You got your wish

• snoopy2014 - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:28 AM

So Rose and Noah go down … Boston barely scrapes by past the 76ers … and that makes the Celtics unquestionably superior to the Lakers this year? And that’s not including Bosh. Context, man. Context.

The equivalent would have been Tony Parker out for the playoffs and Russell Westbrook out with an abdominal strain. I respect the way the Celtics are playing, but injuries have been critical to how far they’ve this year. Using the fact that they made it past the 76ers (while the Lakers went down to the Thunder, the likely champs) as a sign of their superiority is … not that smart.

Your green-tinted glasses are fogging up.

9. badintent - Jun 8, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Get your popcorn Ready !! I hope they play 3 OTs and Haslem hits the game winning shot, he is a class act and he and Mourning are the real reason why the Heat won in 2007, .. shut down defense in fourth quarter !! Be a real student, know the game inside the game. And after the game, I hope we all get to see Shaq put a whumpass on Chucky Barkmouth.!!

10. diablito0402 - Jun 8, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Ohhh myy gooooddd, i always knew NBA was rigged, come on, no play no fight nk energy at the garden by the hometeam,, yyeah right, nba at its finest,, nba where game 7 happends, yeah right..

• bozosforall - Jun 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Only way that it is rigged is if the NBA contrives for the Celtics to win Game 7.

• turnmymicup - Jun 8, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Rigged? Are you kidding me? Sooooo LAME. LeBron has one of the best games in NBA Playoff history and you think Boston let him? Yup makes total sense why didn’t I think of that.

• snoopy2014 - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:29 AM

I’d tell you to write a letter of complaint to the NBA office, but I’m not sure anyone would be able to read it.

• florida727 - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:53 AM

“diablito”, you should really consider that “Hooked On Phonics” course.

• andyhr17 - Jun 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM

The only way that game was rigged was if Lebron somehow put a magnet in the basketball every time he shot it. This is coming from a Celtics fan, too. Heat completely outplayed the Celts in their house.

11. mungman69 - Jun 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Still way too many Boston crybabies. Shut up. You crybabies are sickening. Miami is better. Boston can’t run.

• andyhr17 - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:09 AM

It’s funny, no one was saying the Celtics can’t run after they beat the Heat 3 straight times, including once in Miami.

• scalfor3 - Jun 8, 2012 at 10:43 AM

much of bostons success this series has been from running while the heat were “crying and complaining to the refs in transition”. lebron had a performance for the ages and boston had a horrible night (turnovers, bad shooting). if you think game 7 wont be close, you haven’t been watching this series

12. mungman69 - Jun 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Yes, the Celtics DID choke.

• andyhr17 - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:44 AM

How has it become that ever time a team loses it’s considered choking? It’s becoming as overused as calling everything epic. So far the Celtics choked the first two games in Miami, then Miami and Lebron choked three straight games, then last night the Celtics choked in Boston. A loss sometimes is simply a loss. Choking is blowing a twenty point lead at home. Choking is going up 3-0 in a series and having the other team win 4 straight to win it. Choking is not losing to an unstoppable Lebron James led Heat team.

13. ezmagic - Jun 8, 2012 at 1:50 AM

All you punk heat fans finally come out again. You all been hiding the last couple days lol. I will say this lebron had a great game. Don’t forget Boston was playing horrible too. Missed easy put backs, bad passes, missed open shots etc…
    Enjoy this night, just remember if you do make it to the finals you might get swept.

14. jsisneros85 - Jun 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Labron did what everyone knew he could do. Labron will do it again in game 7 and people will still love to hate him! Good game Labron

15. david8726 - Jun 8, 2012 at 2:10 AM

This guy is a special, special player. Regardless of what you think of him, we should all appreciate just how incredible he is as a basketball player. We haven’t seen a 45-15-5 game in the playoffs since Wilt Chamberline. Just unbelievable.

16. duane888 - Jun 8, 2012 at 2:24 AM

“Now, he just has to do it again…… the problem for Miami is that to win with this roster they need exceptional games from James and/or Dwyane Wade”.

Lebron doesn’t need to drop another 45 to win. Instead of playing into Boston’s traps (games 1-5), they need to go back to what was working for them all year long:
    -play solid defense and push the ball (right now they’re walking it up the court!!)
    -attack the rim, create contact and put your defender in foul trouble (Pierce-3 quick fouls had to sit)
    -when the double-teams come, have shooters on both sides ready
    Game 6 had some of it going. Instead of passing the ball, Lebron was shooting first !!!

Gotta anticipate Doc River’s coming with the double-team in game 7 against Lebron. If Spoelstra knows how to coach, he should be considering this and be ready for it.

17. btbass2 - Jun 8, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Frankly, I prefer college basketball to the NBA. Consequently, I didn’t see LeBron’s performance. Quite a productive night.

My question is: what’s with his teeth in the photo that’s with this article? With all the tatts and the mean-looking face, he looks like he stepped right out of a drug war or something. He’s a talented ball player, but I’m sorry, I don’t understand all the “ink” and looking nasty. Why can’t professional (and now college, even high school) players just play well and forget all the nasty stuff? OK, ok, call me old fashioned….

• Kurt Helin - Jun 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM

As opposed to college players who don’t have ink? What league are you watching?

It’s a generational thing.

18. nepo784 - Jun 8, 2012 at 2:43 AM

LBJ won’t need a duel performance because BOS will finally choke off the ECF series. Just like they should have the last two series. #frauds

19. diablito0402 - Jun 8, 2012 at 2:50 AM

The only way he could do it, because if it went down the wire, or some freethrows with a minute left, you know,,,, wait i have something in my throat,,, cough,, cough, cough,, i was lechocking, just saying, its his legacy..

• md23rewlz - Jun 8, 2012 at 3:19 AM

What happens in the first, second, and third quarter matters more than what happens in the fourth, because by virtue of math, 36 minutes counts more than 12 minutes. The fourth quarter merely has the bigger magnifying glass on it. Nothing more. Two points to start the first quarter count EXACTLY as much as two points to end the fourth. Of course, fans are never going to look at it that way. If a player has 35 points and misses two free throws at the end of the game, then they “choked.” Whereas if a player has fifteen points and makes two free throws at the end of the game, then they are “clutch.” It’s hopelessly silly logic. If LeBron scores 31 heading into the fourth and doesn’t score again, maybe bricks a few free throws, and Keven Garnett happens to hit two free throws to ice the game but ends up with 18 points, LeBron still had the better game. Math vs perception. That’s all it is.

• turnmymicup - Jun 8, 2012 at 3:27 AM

LAME!

20. diablito0402 - Jun 8, 2012 at 2:52 AM

By the way i hate boston, im from 73 degree weather year round with no humidity, if you know what i mean..

• southbeachtalent - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM

No, no one knows what you mean.

21. turnmymicup - Jun 8, 2012 at 3:54 AM

LeBron was nothing less than amazing tonight. He was all over the place. Countless amount of times throughout the game he reminded you why he is one of the best. The spin around fade away jumper, rebounds, assists, and DEFENSE. People underestimate how much James defense and presence can change a game. Boston played hard but Miami played harder. Great team defense as well lets repeat this performance in Game 7. Except im looking for Wade to get to his spots better and have a big game. Go Heat!

22. funktron2x - Jun 8, 2012 at 4:01 AM

Dislike LeBron all you want. That’s any man’s prerogative. But lie to yourself and others about his ability and game? That’s just stupid. A fool and his money are soon parted – but and because a fool and his damn fool thoughts are together for eternity.

23. cantonbound13 - Jun 8, 2012 at 5:15 AM

It’s funny, Michael made those types of games routine. He was so good he never even had to play a game 7. Michael never lost a finals series. LeBron has 1 game like Mike had & now people are talking about him being one of the greatest of all time? What a joke!

• angulocarlos1 - Jun 8, 2012 at 5:31 AM

“lebron has 1 game like mike & now people are talking about him being one of the greatest of all time, what a joke!”

Dude Lebron had a better game than Michael has had in the playoffs, only Wilt Chamberlain has had a 45/15/5 game. Get past your hate and appreciate an amazing performance.

• cantonbound13 - Jun 8, 2012 at 6:42 AM

0 rings. 2-8 career record in the Finals. Good to see Heat fans jump back on the bandwagon.

• knightrider1755 - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:10 AM

You sound like a disgruntled Cavs fan who feels jilted because Lebron moved on. Get over it. That’s the nature of the business. Acknowledge greatness when you see it and don’t blind yourself with hatred and a lost cause.

• cantonbound13 - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Not a Cavs fan buddy

• heat256 - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Nah, she’s a Bobcats fan. Even worse. Do you consider an actor who doesn’t win an Academy Award a failure in their profession? A writer who doesn’t win a Pulitzer? That “no rings” argument is stale and pure BS. Derek Fisher and Robert Horry have 5 rings. They are better than LBJ? Or ringless Barkley? Or Malone and Stockton? Dumb, sir. Just dumb.

• cantonbound13 - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Moron, I live in Miami & use to be a Heat fan until they brought in the Divas

• blueintown - Jun 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM

heat256 – Robert Horry has seven rings. So, clearly, he is vastly superior to Michael Jordan.

• heat256 - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM

@Blue: I stand corrected. So Horry is better than Jordan, according to Canton’s logic. I don’t think Jordan and his “paltry” six rings should even have a status in CHI. What a slacker Jordan was.

• cantonbound13 - Jun 8, 2012 at 12:56 PM

To Blue & Heat, thanks for proving LeBron is not even in Robert Horrys class when it comes to clutch shots.

24. diamondmo33 - Jun 8, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Like I said,lebron was going to show why he was voted MVP…. Heat in 7.

25. davidly - Jun 8, 2012 at 6:20 AM

If one of your players “has to” score nearly half your points to win, it’s not a good sign. A good sign is holding the opposition to under 80 points.

LBJ doesn’t need another monster game for the Heat to win game 7. But the team needs another defensive effort like the last one.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches