Jun 8, 2012, 8:40 AM EDT
The way Boston laid an egg in Game 6, not a lot of fan bases would have stuck around to the end. Plenty would have mixed in a smattering of boos.
But Celtics fans did the opposite. The ones that remained at the end of a crushing loss broke into a four-minute long “Let’s go Celtics” chant. The Celtics noticed, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“Did you hear our crowd the last three minutes of the game?” (coach Doc) Rivers asked to no one media member in particular. “What other crowd in the NBA does that? It’s a terrific place to play. The fans were unbelievable. They did their part tonight. We just didn’t do ours.”
Added Paul Pierce: “We have the best fans in the world. Down 20, at home, in the playoffs, and they cheer us off the court. And that’s just awesome. That’s why we have the best fans in the world.”
By the way, if you thought this gesture was cool by the Celtics fans you can no longer mock “good job, good effort” kid. Boston was the same thing on a bigger scale.
(Hat tip to Eye On Basketball for the video.)
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 0
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1