Jun 8, 2012, 8:40 AM EDT
The way Boston laid an egg in Game 6, not a lot of fan bases would have stuck around to the end. Plenty would have mixed in a smattering of boos.
But Celtics fans did the opposite. The ones that remained at the end of a crushing loss broke into a four-minute long “Let’s go Celtics” chant. The Celtics noticed, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“Did you hear our crowd the last three minutes of the game?” (coach Doc) Rivers asked to no one media member in particular. “What other crowd in the NBA does that? It’s a terrific place to play. The fans were unbelievable. They did their part tonight. We just didn’t do ours.”
Added Paul Pierce: “We have the best fans in the world. Down 20, at home, in the playoffs, and they cheer us off the court. And that’s just awesome. That’s why we have the best fans in the world.”
By the way, if you thought this gesture was cool by the Celtics fans you can no longer mock “good job, good effort” kid. Boston was the same thing on a bigger scale.
(Hat tip to Eye On Basketball for the video.)
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 12
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 14
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 14
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46