Jun 7, 2012, 1:56 AM EST
You can argue that Derek Fisher‘s three or some other particular shot was the dagger, but the one shot that forever put this game out of reach for the Thunder was Kendrick Perkins dunk when he rolled to the basket, nobody noticed or cared and Kevin Durant hit him with the pass.
Then first thing during the celebration Durant did the most Durant thing ever — he hugged his mother.
For all the people who complain about the egos and spoiled stars of the NBA, you had better flat-out love Kevin Durant. He’s just a good dude. Loves his mom. Likes playing in a small market in Middle America. Doesn’t cuss or put out bad mix tapes. He just balls. Now he is going to do that on the NBA’s biggest stage.
As for Fisher, guy can still knock down the big shot.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 3
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 8
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 26
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10