Jun 7, 2012, 1:56 AM EST
You can argue that Derek Fisher‘s three or some other particular shot was the dagger, but the one shot that forever put this game out of reach for the Thunder was Kendrick Perkins dunk when he rolled to the basket, nobody noticed or cared and Kevin Durant hit him with the pass.
Then first thing during the celebration Durant did the most Durant thing ever — he hugged his mother.
For all the people who complain about the egos and spoiled stars of the NBA, you had better flat-out love Kevin Durant. He’s just a good dude. Loves his mom. Likes playing in a small market in Middle America. Doesn’t cuss or put out bad mix tapes. He just balls. Now he is going to do that on the NBA’s biggest stage.
As for Fisher, guy can still knock down the big shot.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17