Jun 7, 2012, 1:56 AM EDT
You can argue that Derek Fisher‘s three or some other particular shot was the dagger, but the one shot that forever put this game out of reach for the Thunder was Kendrick Perkins dunk when he rolled to the basket, nobody noticed or cared and Kevin Durant hit him with the pass.
Then first thing during the celebration Durant did the most Durant thing ever — he hugged his mother.
For all the people who complain about the egos and spoiled stars of the NBA, you had better flat-out love Kevin Durant. He’s just a good dude. Loves his mom. Likes playing in a small market in Middle America. Doesn’t cuss or put out bad mix tapes. He just balls. Now he is going to do that on the NBA’s biggest stage.
As for Fisher, guy can still knock down the big shot.
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 20
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 9
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64