Jun 7, 2012, 1:56 AM EDT
You can argue that Derek Fisher‘s three or some other particular shot was the dagger, but the one shot that forever put this game out of reach for the Thunder was Kendrick Perkins dunk when he rolled to the basket, nobody noticed or cared and Kevin Durant hit him with the pass.
Then first thing during the celebration Durant did the most Durant thing ever — he hugged his mother.
For all the people who complain about the egos and spoiled stars of the NBA, you had better flat-out love Kevin Durant. He’s just a good dude. Loves his mom. Likes playing in a small market in Middle America. Doesn’t cuss or put out bad mix tapes. He just balls. Now he is going to do that on the NBA’s biggest stage.
As for Fisher, guy can still knock down the big shot.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85