Jun 7, 2012, 5:56 PM EDT
Last summer, Kobe Bryant made a trip to Germany to have an experimental procedure on his knee. Then he showed up this season jumping out of the building again and everybody wanted one. Even Alex Rodriguez got the knee procedure.
Gary Vitti also tells us that Kobe will go back to see Dr. Peter Wehling in Germany for Orthokine/Regenokine treatment.
Vitti on Bynum: “I’ve already spoken to the Dr. in Germany regarding Andrew going through the same procedure as Kobe did.”
Kobe will already be in Europe as part of Team USA, and Bynum goes to Germany every summer anyway.
It’s good news for the Lakers, although far from a cure all. The question is will the Lakers get the benefit of the procedure or some other team after the trade.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18