Jun 7, 2012, 5:56 PM EDT
Last summer, Kobe Bryant made a trip to Germany to have an experimental procedure on his knee. Then he showed up this season jumping out of the building again and everybody wanted one. Even Alex Rodriguez got the knee procedure.
Gary Vitti also tells us that Kobe will go back to see Dr. Peter Wehling in Germany for Orthokine/Regenokine treatment.
Vitti on Bynum: “I’ve already spoken to the Dr. in Germany regarding Andrew going through the same procedure as Kobe did.”
Kobe will already be in Europe as part of Team USA, and Bynum goes to Germany every summer anyway.
It’s good news for the Lakers, although far from a cure all. The question is will the Lakers get the benefit of the procedure or some other team after the trade.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 1
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 12
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17