Jun 7, 2012, 5:56 PM EST
Last summer, Kobe Bryant made a trip to Germany to have an experimental procedure on his knee. Then he showed up this season jumping out of the building again and everybody wanted one. Even Alex Rodriguez got the knee procedure.
Gary Vitti also tells us that Kobe will go back to see Dr. Peter Wehling in Germany for Orthokine/Regenokine treatment.
Vitti on Bynum: “I’ve already spoken to the Dr. in Germany regarding Andrew going through the same procedure as Kobe did.”
Kobe will already be in Europe as part of Team USA, and Bynum goes to Germany every summer anyway.
It’s good news for the Lakers, although far from a cure all. The question is will the Lakers get the benefit of the procedure or some other team after the trade.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 6
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12