Jun 7, 2012, 5:56 PM EDT
Last summer, Kobe Bryant made a trip to Germany to have an experimental procedure on his knee. Then he showed up this season jumping out of the building again and everybody wanted one. Even Alex Rodriguez got the knee procedure.
Gary Vitti also tells us that Kobe will go back to see Dr. Peter Wehling in Germany for Orthokine/Regenokine treatment.
Vitti on Bynum: “I’ve already spoken to the Dr. in Germany regarding Andrew going through the same procedure as Kobe did.”
Kobe will already be in Europe as part of Team USA, and Bynum goes to Germany every summer anyway.
It’s good news for the Lakers, although far from a cure all. The question is will the Lakers get the benefit of the procedure or some other team after the trade.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 18
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 38
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 63
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 59
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40