Jun 7, 2012, 5:56 PM EDT
Last summer, Kobe Bryant made a trip to Germany to have an experimental procedure on his knee. Then he showed up this season jumping out of the building again and everybody wanted one. Even Alex Rodriguez got the knee procedure.
Gary Vitti also tells us that Kobe will go back to see Dr. Peter Wehling in Germany for Orthokine/Regenokine treatment.
Vitti on Bynum: “I’ve already spoken to the Dr. in Germany regarding Andrew going through the same procedure as Kobe did.”
Kobe will already be in Europe as part of Team USA, and Bynum goes to Germany every summer anyway.
It’s good news for the Lakers, although far from a cure all. The question is will the Lakers get the benefit of the procedure or some other team after the trade.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 22
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9