Jordan Crawford keeps his basketball shoes in the refrigerator

Jun 7, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT

_ylt=AibFObPLZf732T

NBA players collect shoes. Not everybody goes Joe Johnson on it, but these are basketball fans who have money and the hookups to get whatever shoes they want. They don’t pay for most of them. They go nuts.

Wizards’ guard Jordan Crawford keeps his in the fridge. At least if you think the photo he put on Instagram wasn’t staged. (You can see the full size image below.)

Trey Kirby of TBJ noted that these are Kevin Durant shoes, so maybe the message is that he is cold blooded. It’s not that he is ice cold (at least Thunder fans hope so heading into the finals).

Anyway, this makes a great twitter avatar. Not switching mine, just sayin’.

I decided to try this. My wife was less than thrilled.

source:

1. juanandonly24 - Jun 7, 2012 at 5:13 PM

At least he doesn’t keep ketchup in the fridge

2. acdc363 - Jun 7, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I’m glad I know this.

3. cdins - Jun 7, 2012 at 6:37 PM

You mean thunder fans hope he is not ice cold????

4. adnan604 - Jun 7, 2012 at 8:19 PM

for those that don’t know, some people do this to help eliminate bacteria from growing inside the shoe…..
    basically the bacteria that causes shoe odor, a cold near freezing environment greatly reduces this…

so if you come home from a hours long basketball session your shoes are gonna be all wet and moist, an environment that bacteria thrive in, and obviously you don’t wash your shoes completely after every practice, so put them in the fridge like this to prevent this bacteria from taking foothold in your shoes and giving you stanky feet…

i wouldn’t know however, i have no foot odor whatsoever, can sweat for hours on end and my shoes and socks smell like absolutely nothing at all…. kinda weird

5. areyesrn - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I kept my prized shoes (Jordans, late 90’s and early 2000’s retroes of old school Air Max’s, etc…even 3 pairs of KOBETWO) in the basement and 7-10 years later, I found mold growing on them despite my best efforts to keep mold out of the basement (dehumidifier, lots of natural light).

FML

6. bernardusfredricus - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM

That is weird

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches