Jun 7, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
Everybody talked about how Chris Bosh was not on the court for the Heat in the fourth quarter of Game 5. I bet he is in Game 6.
But he will not be there at the start.
Bosh will come off the bench again for the Heat in Game 6, coach Erik Spoelstra said and the official Miami Heat twitter account announced. Udonis Haslem and Shane Battier will start (along with Mario Chalmers, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James).
What I take away from all this — Bosh isn’t healthy yet. That was clear at points the way he was involved in some plays in Game 5, although he certainly gave them a real lift at points on the boards and with the threat of his shot. If this were anything but a key Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals he’d be sitting, resting. But the Heat need everything they have for this game, down 3-2 there is no margin for error.
We’ll see what Bosh can give. Just not when the game tips off.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 0
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 4
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 18
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32