Jun 7, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
Everybody talked about how Chris Bosh was not on the court for the Heat in the fourth quarter of Game 5. I bet he is in Game 6.
But he will not be there at the start.
Bosh will come off the bench again for the Heat in Game 6, coach Erik Spoelstra said and the official Miami Heat twitter account announced. Udonis Haslem and Shane Battier will start (along with Mario Chalmers, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James).
What I take away from all this — Bosh isn’t healthy yet. That was clear at points the way he was involved in some plays in Game 5, although he certainly gave them a real lift at points on the boards and with the threat of his shot. If this were anything but a key Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals he’d be sitting, resting. But the Heat need everything they have for this game, down 3-2 there is no margin for error.
We’ll see what Bosh can give. Just not when the game tips off.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90