Jun 7, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
Everybody talked about how Chris Bosh was not on the court for the Heat in the fourth quarter of Game 5. I bet he is in Game 6.
But he will not be there at the start.
Bosh will come off the bench again for the Heat in Game 6, coach Erik Spoelstra said and the official Miami Heat twitter account announced. Udonis Haslem and Shane Battier will start (along with Mario Chalmers, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James).
What I take away from all this — Bosh isn’t healthy yet. That was clear at points the way he was involved in some plays in Game 5, although he certainly gave them a real lift at points on the boards and with the threat of his shot. If this were anything but a key Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals he’d be sitting, resting. But the Heat need everything they have for this game, down 3-2 there is no margin for error.
We’ll see what Bosh can give. Just not when the game tips off.
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 23
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 26
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 12
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 14
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26