Jun 7, 2012, 8:02 PM EST
Everybody talked about how Chris Bosh was not on the court for the Heat in the fourth quarter of Game 5. I bet he is in Game 6.
But he will not be there at the start.
Bosh will come off the bench again for the Heat in Game 6, coach Erik Spoelstra said and the official Miami Heat twitter account announced. Udonis Haslem and Shane Battier will start (along with Mario Chalmers, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James).
What I take away from all this — Bosh isn’t healthy yet. That was clear at points the way he was involved in some plays in Game 5, although he certainly gave them a real lift at points on the boards and with the threat of his shot. If this were anything but a key Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals he’d be sitting, resting. But the Heat need everything they have for this game, down 3-2 there is no margin for error.
We’ll see what Bosh can give. Just not when the game tips off.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30