Jun 7, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
I didn’t know Boston actually elected Mayor Quimby.
The video above is Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, saying that he thinks they get great play out of “KJ” and that “Hondo” is the real inspiration.
KJ? I thought he was the mayor of Sacramento now and a little past his prime. Hondo? Boston could certainly use No. 17 to come down out of the rafters and have John Havlicek suit up for this one.
Of course, this is the same mayor who once thanked NBA Commissioner “Donald Stern” and butchered some other sports names. So, sometimes he gets names wrong, it’s not like he’s in a profession where his people skills are the most important thing.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15