Jun 7, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
I didn’t know Boston actually elected Mayor Quimby.
The video above is Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, saying that he thinks they get great play out of “KJ” and that “Hondo” is the real inspiration.
KJ? I thought he was the mayor of Sacramento now and a little past his prime. Hondo? Boston could certainly use No. 17 to come down out of the rafters and have John Havlicek suit up for this one.
Of course, this is the same mayor who once thanked NBA Commissioner “Donald Stern” and butchered some other sports names. So, sometimes he gets names wrong, it’s not like he’s in a profession where his people skills are the most important thing.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10