Jun 7, 2012, 11:45 AM EST
I didn’t know Boston actually elected Mayor Quimby.
The video above is Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, saying that he thinks they get great play out of “KJ” and that “Hondo” is the real inspiration.
KJ? I thought he was the mayor of Sacramento now and a little past his prime. Hondo? Boston could certainly use No. 17 to come down out of the rafters and have John Havlicek suit up for this one.
Of course, this is the same mayor who once thanked NBA Commissioner “Donald Stern” and butchered some other sports names. So, sometimes he gets names wrong, it’s not like he’s in a profession where his people skills are the most important thing.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 8: Kobe Bryant returns 4
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 3
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 5
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 43
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 16
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22