Jun 7, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
I didn’t know Boston actually elected Mayor Quimby.
The video above is Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, saying that he thinks they get great play out of “KJ” and that “Hondo” is the real inspiration.
KJ? I thought he was the mayor of Sacramento now and a little past his prime. Hondo? Boston could certainly use No. 17 to come down out of the rafters and have John Havlicek suit up for this one.
Of course, this is the same mayor who once thanked NBA Commissioner “Donald Stern” and butchered some other sports names. So, sometimes he gets names wrong, it’s not like he’s in a profession where his people skills are the most important thing.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16