Jun 6, 2012, 2:00 AM EST
This was the play that changed everything. Miami was up 6 and had been on a 16-4 run when Dwyane Wade makes a spectacular block on Brandon Bass at the rim and the usually sleepy Heat crowd bolted to life.
But then Rajon Rondo made the play of the game — a touch-pass off the blocked ball to a wide-open Mickael Pietrus, who drains the three. And suddenly it’s a one possession game and you could feel the momentum swing. That shot started an 18-8 Boston run that got them the win.
What sealed it Paul Pierce‘s three over LeBron James with less than a minute to go to put the Heat up four. An isolation three contested by LeBron is not a high percentage shot, but like they did all night Boston just made the plays when they needed to.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9