Jun 6, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT
Miami clearly needs something. Is that something a new, quality point guard? Is a guy used to having the ball in his hands and creating shots for others going to mesh with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade on the court?
But the point guard line of thinking seems to have gained some momentum. There have been suggestions the Heat may reach out to Steve Nash, if Nash is willing to take a steep paycut.
Been told Heat will take look in summer at FA point Andre Miller who wants to play for contender But would Miller take pay cut $7.8M to $3M?
Miller kind of answered that last month.
“At this point in my career, if I’m going to be a backup, I’m going to be a backup on a championship-caliber team.”
What he didn’t answer was the money question — would he take less to chase a ring? How much less? Several million less? That’s a lot of scratch.
Miami needs to make roster changes and with the big three making $52 million by themselves it is not simple because $3 million is their best offer.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 5
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18