Jun 6, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT
Miami clearly needs something. Is that something a new, quality point guard? Is a guy used to having the ball in his hands and creating shots for others going to mesh with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade on the court?
But the point guard line of thinking seems to have gained some momentum. There have been suggestions the Heat may reach out to Steve Nash, if Nash is willing to take a steep paycut.
Been told Heat will take look in summer at FA point Andre Miller who wants to play for contender But would Miller take pay cut $7.8M to $3M?
Miller kind of answered that last month.
“At this point in my career, if I’m going to be a backup, I’m going to be a backup on a championship-caliber team.”
What he didn’t answer was the money question — would he take less to chase a ring? How much less? Several million less? That’s a lot of scratch.
Miami needs to make roster changes and with the big three making $52 million by themselves it is not simple because $3 million is their best offer.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 0
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 6
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 13
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 29
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 4