Jun 6, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT
Miami clearly needs something. Is that something a new, quality point guard? Is a guy used to having the ball in his hands and creating shots for others going to mesh with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade on the court?
But the point guard line of thinking seems to have gained some momentum. There have been suggestions the Heat may reach out to Steve Nash, if Nash is willing to take a steep paycut.
Been told Heat will take look in summer at FA point Andre Miller who wants to play for contender But would Miller take pay cut $7.8M to $3M?
Miller kind of answered that last month.
“At this point in my career, if I’m going to be a backup, I’m going to be a backup on a championship-caliber team.”
What he didn’t answer was the money question — would he take less to chase a ring? How much less? Several million less? That’s a lot of scratch.
Miami needs to make roster changes and with the big three making $52 million by themselves it is not simple because $3 million is their best offer.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 1
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15