Jun 6, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT
Miami clearly needs something. Is that something a new, quality point guard? Is a guy used to having the ball in his hands and creating shots for others going to mesh with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade on the court?
But the point guard line of thinking seems to have gained some momentum. There have been suggestions the Heat may reach out to Steve Nash, if Nash is willing to take a steep paycut.
Been told Heat will take look in summer at FA point Andre Miller who wants to play for contender But would Miller take pay cut $7.8M to $3M?
Miller kind of answered that last month.
“At this point in my career, if I’m going to be a backup, I’m going to be a backup on a championship-caliber team.”
What he didn’t answer was the money question — would he take less to chase a ring? How much less? Several million less? That’s a lot of scratch.
Miami needs to make roster changes and with the big three making $52 million by themselves it is not simple because $3 million is their best offer.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 26
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25