Jun 6, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
If you have wondered what Kiki Vandeweghe has been up to since leaving the Denver Nuggets the answer is he’s been a pre/post game analyst for Clippers games on Fox Sports West in Los Angeles.
The Clippers, who parted ways with GM Neil Olshey Monday as Olshey took the GM job in Portland, are said to be considering former Nuggets and Nets executive Kiki Vandeweghe to replace Olshey. Clippers president Andy Roeser said in a statement released by the team Monday that the search for Olshey’s replacement already is under way.
Vandeweghe would be a safe choice. Maybe he is someone owner Donald Sterling feels comfortable with, but really nobody knows what he is thinking.
Whoever gets that job has to deal with a lot of big questions that all start and end with “how can I keep Chris Paul happy and get him to re-sign with team?” There is the question of Vinny Del Negro’s competence for a potential contender, there is a need on the wings, there is getting Blake Griffin his max extension. But every last bit of it has to be done with keeping Paul happy in mind.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18