Jun 6, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
If you have wondered what Kiki Vandeweghe has been up to since leaving the Denver Nuggets the answer is he’s been a pre/post game analyst for Clippers games on Fox Sports West in Los Angeles.
The Clippers, who parted ways with GM Neil Olshey Monday as Olshey took the GM job in Portland, are said to be considering former Nuggets and Nets executive Kiki Vandeweghe to replace Olshey. Clippers president Andy Roeser said in a statement released by the team Monday that the search for Olshey’s replacement already is under way.
Vandeweghe would be a safe choice. Maybe he is someone owner Donald Sterling feels comfortable with, but really nobody knows what he is thinking.
Whoever gets that job has to deal with a lot of big questions that all start and end with “how can I keep Chris Paul happy and get him to re-sign with team?” There is the question of Vinny Del Negro’s competence for a potential contender, there is a need on the wings, there is getting Blake Griffin his max extension. But every last bit of it has to be done with keeping Paul happy in mind.
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 8
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 50
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 58
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 29
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 19
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 54
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3