Jun 6, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
If you have wondered what Kiki Vandeweghe has been up to since leaving the Denver Nuggets the answer is he’s been a pre/post game analyst for Clippers games on Fox Sports West in Los Angeles.
The Clippers, who parted ways with GM Neil Olshey Monday as Olshey took the GM job in Portland, are said to be considering former Nuggets and Nets executive Kiki Vandeweghe to replace Olshey. Clippers president Andy Roeser said in a statement released by the team Monday that the search for Olshey’s replacement already is under way.
Vandeweghe would be a safe choice. Maybe he is someone owner Donald Sterling feels comfortable with, but really nobody knows what he is thinking.
Whoever gets that job has to deal with a lot of big questions that all start and end with “how can I keep Chris Paul happy and get him to re-sign with team?” There is the question of Vinny Del Negro’s competence for a potential contender, there is a need on the wings, there is getting Blake Griffin his max extension. But every last bit of it has to be done with keeping Paul happy in mind.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 2
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 18
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49