Jun 5, 2012, 8:05 AM EDT
Down the stretch, when San Antonio kept making the runs of a champion that will not surrender, James Harden kept sticking them with daggers.
I though it was over when he hit the and-1 three about a minute before this, but the shot above was the clincher. Listen to the crowd when that shot goes in — he let the air out of the building. That was the dagger that finally felled the Spurs. Despite their efforts, San Antonio could not stop all of the Thunder’s big three from scoring, and they just offensively could not keep up.
There’s another game to go, and we know Andrew Bynum was wrong about closeout games, but that shot feels like a dagger for the series, too.
- LeBron’s 30-point performance leads Cavaliers to hard-fought Game 2 win over Celtics 0
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 1
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 9
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14