Jun 5, 2012, 8:05 AM EDT
Down the stretch, when San Antonio kept making the runs of a champion that will not surrender, James Harden kept sticking them with daggers.
I though it was over when he hit the and-1 three about a minute before this, but the shot above was the clincher. Listen to the crowd when that shot goes in — he let the air out of the building. That was the dagger that finally felled the Spurs. Despite their efforts, San Antonio could not stop all of the Thunder’s big three from scoring, and they just offensively could not keep up.
There’s another game to go, and we know Andrew Bynum was wrong about closeout games, but that shot feels like a dagger for the series, too.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 10
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 52
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 41
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3