Jun 5, 2012, 8:05 AM EDT
Down the stretch, when San Antonio kept making the runs of a champion that will not surrender, James Harden kept sticking them with daggers.
I though it was over when he hit the and-1 three about a minute before this, but the shot above was the clincher. Listen to the crowd when that shot goes in — he let the air out of the building. That was the dagger that finally felled the Spurs. Despite their efforts, San Antonio could not stop all of the Thunder’s big three from scoring, and they just offensively could not keep up.
There’s another game to go, and we know Andrew Bynum was wrong about closeout games, but that shot feels like a dagger for the series, too.
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 0
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 30
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5