Jun 5, 2012, 3:44 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• RIP LaRoy Ellis (the first ever center of the Portland Trail Blazers).
• Dwight Howard and loyalty — two words not often used together in Orlando. Unless you go to the Magic’s online store where you can purchase the Howard “Loyalty” shirt you can see to the right (thanks Orlando Sentinel). The shirt does not come with an ironic warning label.
• By the way, the Bobcats are trying to sell the idea that drafting Adam Morrison was not Michael Jordan’s idea.
• We have no idea what they are, but Warriors owner Joe Lacob promises the team will make more moves this summer.
• Here is what Randy Wittman said at his Wizards press conference after getting the head coaching job full-time. He wants John Wall to develop a steady jumper, too.
• Whether or not he gets re-elected Tuesday, Mayor Kevin Johnson has been good to Kings fans.
• Spurs 2009 second round pick 2009 second-round pick Nando De Colo may join the team next season. No, you don’t know who he is, but because the Spurs picked him you know he’ll come in and provide quality minutes.
• Kostas Papanikolau of Greece is a possible second round pick this draft, but he says he is staying in Europe for at least one more season.
• Watch a Maine television anchor report that the Heat-Celtics Game 4 ended in a tie. Pretty sure that’s not what happened.
• Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov may run for mayor of Moscow.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10