Jun 5, 2012, 8:25 PM EDT
“Last evening, a massage therapist that we have used for some time, arrived at our home to provide massage therapy. Shortly after she arrived, she fainted and lost consciousness. We called 911 and emergency personnel arrived at our home shortly thereafter. They took her to Mount Sinai Hospital, where she passed away. Our hearts go out to her family. We are very sorry for their loss.”
4:13 pm: Chris Bosh’s masseuse came over to his home Monday (likely to work on his abdomen strain), where she collapsed and died, according to police and reports out of Miami.
According to a Miami Beach police report, the masseuse went to Bosh’s house just before 10:30 a.m. Monday and seemed fine. But suddenly, she lost consciousness. The woman was taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital, where a doctor pronounced her deceased, police said.
The woman battled cancer about a year ago, according to the police report.
Bosh’s wife, Adrienne Bosh, sent out a tweet Tuesday that said, “1 min ur here,The next ur not.Today I Kissed my loved ones a few more times,I held them a little bit tighter,hugged them for a little longer.”
Bosh is expected to play for the Heat in Game 5 Tuesday night.
Our condolences go out to the family and everyone connected to the deceased.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 8
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 2
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 7
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 16