Jun 5, 2012, 8:25 PM EST
“Last evening, a massage therapist that we have used for some time, arrived at our home to provide massage therapy. Shortly after she arrived, she fainted and lost consciousness. We called 911 and emergency personnel arrived at our home shortly thereafter. They took her to Mount Sinai Hospital, where she passed away. Our hearts go out to her family. We are very sorry for their loss.”
4:13 pm: Chris Bosh’s masseuse came over to his home Monday (likely to work on his abdomen strain), where she collapsed and died, according to police and reports out of Miami.
According to a Miami Beach police report, the masseuse went to Bosh’s house just before 10:30 a.m. Monday and seemed fine. But suddenly, she lost consciousness. The woman was taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital, where a doctor pronounced her deceased, police said.
The woman battled cancer about a year ago, according to the police report.
Bosh’s wife, Adrienne Bosh, sent out a tweet Tuesday that said, “1 min ur here,The next ur not.Today I Kissed my loved ones a few more times,I held them a little bit tighter,hugged them for a little longer.”
Bosh is expected to play for the Heat in Game 5 Tuesday night.
Our condolences go out to the family and everyone connected to the deceased.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 0
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 12
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)