Jun 5, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT
From the moment word started to leak out that Chris Bosh could play in Game 5, you knew the Heat would try to play it down. You expected coach Erik Spoelstra to say exactly what he did at Tuesday shootaround — Bosh is a game time decision.
But you can bet your rent money that Bosh will play Tuesday night.
Here is the quote from Spoelstra, via Ben Gordon of Blazers Edge and Eye on Basketball.
“That will be a game-time decision. He was able to go through a workout yesterday and a shootaround today. We have to continue to evaluate. We’ll let you know tonight when we know… The last two days he’s been able to do real basketball work.”
LeBron James said Bosh had looked good in workouts the past couple days.
The real keys here are Bosh went through shootaround with the team and did real basketball work the last couple days. Combine that with this being a key Game 5 and you can bet he will be back on the court Tuesday night.
And that is huge for the Heat’s offense. Doc Rivers said Monday that Boston would be ready, that they have prepared for every game like he would return.
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 6
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 16
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 29
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 13
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 32
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 31