Jun 5, 2012, 8:21 PM EST
Chris Bosh is active for the Miami Heat.
However he will be coming off the bench, Udonis Haslem will get the start for Miami against Boston in a crucial Game 5. The series is knotted up 2-2. Haslem is the third starting center for the Heat this series.
While Erik Spoelstra refused to say if Bosh would play in Game 5, you’re fooling yourself if you don’t think he plays. And if the offense clicks with him out there you can bet you will see as much of Bosh as his conditioning will allow.
As I said in the game preview, Bosh changes everything for the Heat offense because Celtics defenders can’t cheat off him like they do Haslem, Battier and others. If Bosh is on the weak side and Wade attacks the lane Kevin Garnett cannot just ignore Bosh to clog the lane. On the pick and roll if the Celtics trap Bosh can pop out and nail the jumper. They become much tougher to defend.
Which is why I expect you will see a lot of Bosh. But when it starts is up to Spoelstra.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 0
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 0
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 22
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9