Jun 5, 2012, 8:21 PM EDT
Chris Bosh is active for the Miami Heat.
However he will be coming off the bench, Udonis Haslem will get the start for Miami against Boston in a crucial Game 5. The series is knotted up 2-2. Haslem is the third starting center for the Heat this series.
While Erik Spoelstra refused to say if Bosh would play in Game 5, you’re fooling yourself if you don’t think he plays. And if the offense clicks with him out there you can bet you will see as much of Bosh as his conditioning will allow.
As I said in the game preview, Bosh changes everything for the Heat offense because Celtics defenders can’t cheat off him like they do Haslem, Battier and others. If Bosh is on the weak side and Wade attacks the lane Kevin Garnett cannot just ignore Bosh to clog the lane. On the pick and roll if the Celtics trap Bosh can pop out and nail the jumper. They become much tougher to defend.
Which is why I expect you will see a lot of Bosh. But when it starts is up to Spoelstra.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final