Jun 5, 2012, 8:21 PM EST
Chris Bosh is active for the Miami Heat.
However he will be coming off the bench, Udonis Haslem will get the start for Miami against Boston in a crucial Game 5. The series is knotted up 2-2. Haslem is the third starting center for the Heat this series.
While Erik Spoelstra refused to say if Bosh would play in Game 5, you’re fooling yourself if you don’t think he plays. And if the offense clicks with him out there you can bet you will see as much of Bosh as his conditioning will allow.
As I said in the game preview, Bosh changes everything for the Heat offense because Celtics defenders can’t cheat off him like they do Haslem, Battier and others. If Bosh is on the weak side and Wade attacks the lane Kevin Garnett cannot just ignore Bosh to clog the lane. On the pick and roll if the Celtics trap Bosh can pop out and nail the jumper. They become much tougher to defend.
Which is why I expect you will see a lot of Bosh. But when it starts is up to Spoelstra.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13