Jun 5, 2012, 11:38 AM EDT
Eventually, Charlotte Bobcats general manager Rich Cho will stop just interviewing guys and actually make a choice for the team’s next coach. But we’re not there yet.
As had previously been reported would happen, the Bobcats met with Lakers assistant coach Quin Snyder on Monday, reports the Associated Press.
The report said they would meet with one more, yet unnamed person, then narrow the list down for a second round of meetings with owner Michael Jordan.
So who is left? Others interviewed for the job are Jerry Sloan last of the Jazz, Nate McMillan last of the Trail Blazers, Pacers assistant Brian Shaw, Grizzlies’ assistant Dave Joerger, Mike Malone of Golden State, Cleveland’s Nate Tibbetts, St. John’s Mike Dunlap, and Bobcats assistant Stephen Silas (son of former coach Paul Silas).
I still expect a first-time coach in Charlotte — Shaw or Malone seem the leaders — but who knows what direction Michael Jordan is leaning at any time.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30