Jun 5, 2012, 11:38 AM EDT
Eventually, Charlotte Bobcats general manager Rich Cho will stop just interviewing guys and actually make a choice for the team’s next coach. But we’re not there yet.
As had previously been reported would happen, the Bobcats met with Lakers assistant coach Quin Snyder on Monday, reports the Associated Press.
The report said they would meet with one more, yet unnamed person, then narrow the list down for a second round of meetings with owner Michael Jordan.
So who is left? Others interviewed for the job are Jerry Sloan last of the Jazz, Nate McMillan last of the Trail Blazers, Pacers assistant Brian Shaw, Grizzlies’ assistant Dave Joerger, Mike Malone of Golden State, Cleveland’s Nate Tibbetts, St. John’s Mike Dunlap, and Bobcats assistant Stephen Silas (son of former coach Paul Silas).
I still expect a first-time coach in Charlotte — Shaw or Malone seem the leaders — but who knows what direction Michael Jordan is leaning at any time.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 52
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6