Jun 4, 2012, 6:28 PM EST
There have been rumors the Magic are very close to naming a new general manager. If that is true, it will not be former Knicks and Pacers GM Donnie Walsh taking the helm.
That according to David Aldridge at NBA.com (in his must-read Monday column). Walsh pulled himself out of the running, and is not going to Indiana either.
So who is left?
The Magic’s GM list is five: former Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard, Spurs assistant GM Dennis Lindsey, Thunder assistant GM Troy Weaver, Thunder assistant GM and head of player personnel Rob Hennigan and former Hornets GM Jeff Bower.
Magic officials have said the new GM will make the call on Dwight Howard and whether or not to trade him. Which if Howard is not going to commit to stay is a no brainer. Then the GM chooses the coach. Basically, this GM gets to oversee the rebuilding of the Magic. So it’s a big choice.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 10
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30