Jun 4, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
There have been rumors the Magic are very close to naming a new general manager. If that is true, it will not be former Knicks and Pacers GM Donnie Walsh taking the helm.
That according to David Aldridge at NBA.com (in his must-read Monday column). Walsh pulled himself out of the running, and is not going to Indiana either.
So who is left?
The Magic’s GM list is five: former Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard, Spurs assistant GM Dennis Lindsey, Thunder assistant GM Troy Weaver, Thunder assistant GM and head of player personnel Rob Hennigan and former Hornets GM Jeff Bower.
Magic officials have said the new GM will make the call on Dwight Howard and whether or not to trade him. Which if Howard is not going to commit to stay is a no brainer. Then the GM chooses the coach. Basically, this GM gets to oversee the rebuilding of the Magic. So it’s a big choice.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 0
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 10
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 14
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9