Jun 4, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
There have been rumors the Magic are very close to naming a new general manager. If that is true, it will not be former Knicks and Pacers GM Donnie Walsh taking the helm.
That according to David Aldridge at NBA.com (in his must-read Monday column). Walsh pulled himself out of the running, and is not going to Indiana either.
So who is left?
The Magic’s GM list is five: former Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard, Spurs assistant GM Dennis Lindsey, Thunder assistant GM Troy Weaver, Thunder assistant GM and head of player personnel Rob Hennigan and former Hornets GM Jeff Bower.
Magic officials have said the new GM will make the call on Dwight Howard and whether or not to trade him. Which if Howard is not going to commit to stay is a no brainer. Then the GM chooses the coach. Basically, this GM gets to oversee the rebuilding of the Magic. So it’s a big choice.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 27
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16