Jun 4, 2012, 6:28 PM EST
There have been rumors the Magic are very close to naming a new general manager. If that is true, it will not be former Knicks and Pacers GM Donnie Walsh taking the helm.
That according to David Aldridge at NBA.com (in his must-read Monday column). Walsh pulled himself out of the running, and is not going to Indiana either.
So who is left?
The Magic’s GM list is five: former Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard, Spurs assistant GM Dennis Lindsey, Thunder assistant GM Troy Weaver, Thunder assistant GM and head of player personnel Rob Hennigan and former Hornets GM Jeff Bower.
Magic officials have said the new GM will make the call on Dwight Howard and whether or not to trade him. Which if Howard is not going to commit to stay is a no brainer. Then the GM chooses the coach. Basically, this GM gets to oversee the rebuilding of the Magic. So it’s a big choice.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20