Jun 4, 2012, 2:27 AM EDT
Miami has sorely missed Chris Bosh. They could use his size on defense to create problems for Kevin Garnett. Their pick-and-roll desperately misses him because right now nobody respects the pick setter, everyone can focus on Dwyane Wade or LeBron James.
But Miami may not have to wait much longer.
There is a report that Bosh is expected to suit up Tuesday in Miami, from Brian Windhost of ESPN:
According to multiple sources, the Heat are hoping to activate Chris Bosh for Tuesday’s Game 5 if he doesn’t suffer a setback in workouts over the next two days. Bosh declined to discuss his status following the Heat’s 93-91 overtime loss to the Boston Celtics on Sunday, which tied the series at 2-2.
Don’t expect the Heat to confirm this, they will not say a thing until just before Game 5. Bosh was has been out with a strained abdominal since May 13. He has been working out with team trainers and assistant coaches but has not yet been cleared to play and he has not even practiced with the team.
This will be a huge boost for the Heat, who now find themselves tied with the Celtics. Will re-integrating Bosh into the lineup slow the Heat for a while? How will he perform after the time off?
Lots of questions, but the bottom line is the Heat are just better with him on the court.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 1
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony in Game 6 (VIDEO) 10
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 7
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (62)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay