Jun 4, 2012, 2:27 AM EDT
Miami has sorely missed Chris Bosh. They could use his size on defense to create problems for Kevin Garnett. Their pick-and-roll desperately misses him because right now nobody respects the pick setter, everyone can focus on Dwyane Wade or LeBron James.
But Miami may not have to wait much longer.
There is a report that Bosh is expected to suit up Tuesday in Miami, from Brian Windhost of ESPN:
According to multiple sources, the Heat are hoping to activate Chris Bosh for Tuesday’s Game 5 if he doesn’t suffer a setback in workouts over the next two days. Bosh declined to discuss his status following the Heat’s 93-91 overtime loss to the Boston Celtics on Sunday, which tied the series at 2-2.
Don’t expect the Heat to confirm this, they will not say a thing until just before Game 5. Bosh was has been out with a strained abdominal since May 13. He has been working out with team trainers and assistant coaches but has not yet been cleared to play and he has not even practiced with the team.
This will be a huge boost for the Heat, who now find themselves tied with the Celtics. Will re-integrating Bosh into the lineup slow the Heat for a while? How will he perform after the time off?
Lots of questions, but the bottom line is the Heat are just better with him on the court.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30