Celtics-Heat Game 4: Rajon Rondo punks Heat in halftime interview on whining about officiating

Jun 4, 2012, 12:42 AM EDT

Rajon Rondo, after dropping 10 assists in the first half of the Celtics’ Game 4 win over the Heat, spoke to ESPN reporter Doris Burke for the standard halftime interview. And took a shot at the Heat right off the bat.

“They’re complaining and crying to referees in transition.”

That’s pretty succinct.

Rondo’s correct in that assessment. He was able to get out and slice through the defense at will, because the Heat were stunned at how the game was being called. Unfortunately for Rondo, the Heat responded in the second half, closing an 18-point lead to take the lead in the fourth quarter. They didn’t hold on, but definitely responded. But Rondo got the win, and the Heat were left whining about officiating after the game when LeBron James fouled out. The call was bad. Many of the calls were bad.

Nothing changes the result, and Boston goes to Miami tied 2-2 with all the momentum.

1. thenmoveback - Jun 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I didnt know the whole celtics team was enrolled in the Paul Pirece school of acting. Biggest floppers in the NBA

• kappneffect - Jun 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Ha… really? I will not argue that they don’t, but the crown belongs in SB.

• lyndseymarieee - Jun 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I guess you missed game 4 of the Thunder/Spurs series. Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili were flopping every chance they got. I’ve never seen three grown men spend so much time on the floor.

2. abchome - Jun 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM

One of his best shots in Game 4.

3. canehouse - Jun 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Rondo is a classless punk… kicking Battier on a perfect drawing the charge by Battier!

4. bm2323 - Jun 4, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Lets not forget that when Wade hurt his shoulder he had to be taken off the court in a wheelchair. And when Lebron’s elbow was hurting him in Cleveland against the Celtics (injury never disclosed) in the semi-finals he shot a free throw left handed with the game on the line. These guys don’t exactly embody the word “tough”. And Rondo returned 2 days after having his elbow dislocated by the Heat last year. There’s a big difference these two teams and their starts (and I’m not a fan of either).

5. leeann10 - Jun 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I have watched all of the various playoff games (or at least, most) and the refs are blatantly biased for home court games. I don’t know how or who chooses various refs, but they all need “refresher” courses, because they are consistently pathetic. If this is the “best” of the refs, then then NBA needs to step in and replace, train, and educate a total new continency of refs.

6. trollhammer20 - Jun 4, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Wait wait wait. Home-cooked officiating? In the NBA? No freaking WAY.

I figured that out ten years ago watching the Lakers-Kings series, and my interest in the NBA has only grown less and less ever since. I have no idea why I hope the NFL hires full-time officials, because it clearly doesn’t do the NBA any favors.

7. BLEED BOSTON - Jun 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Reblogged this on BLEED BOSTON and commented:
    All these full grown men should just play basketball. If you are mad at the Heat whining, why whine?

• sellahh - Jun 4, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I bleed purple and gold, but you’re right Boston fella, how can you whine about people whining? That sounds… weird. I was damn mad when my Lakurz lost to OKC and i sure was not happy when Miami beat Indiana or went 2-0 up against Celtics. Oh wait… Isn’t the purpose of the NBA to bring entertainment? Just watch the games and enjoy them

• jimeejohnson - Jun 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Sometimes people use sports to spread bad energy. You just reminded me not to. Thanks.

Heat can make playoffs without LeBron
Top 10 NBA Player Searches