Jun 3, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Reporter: “It seemed like [Durant] took over.” Popovich: “It didn’t ‘seem’ like that. That was a fact. I was there. I saw it. He was great.”
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) June 3, 2012
And that’s why Pop’s the best.
Durant’s performance in Game 4 was not the first dominant performance Popovich has seen in the playoffs. He’s faced some of the greatest in the game, so he’s seen some big moments. This isn’t going to faze him but he is going to appreciate it. and more importantly, Popovich knows that players like Durant are going to have those nights and you can’t stop them or control them. You do your best. But the reason the Spurs lost was not because of Durant, but because of their defense on the rest of the Thunder, which was terrible.
But yes, he saw Durant and yes, he was dominant. Trust him. He was there.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 8
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 23
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 8
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 101
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (102)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'