Jun 3, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Same story, different day.
Chris Bosh will not be riding to the rescue of the Miami Heat as they try and put the chokehold on the Celtics in Game 4 in Boston.ESPN reports:
Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said Saturday that Bosh won’t play Sunday and reiterated the All-Star forward has not yet advanced far enough in his recovery from an abdominal strain to gauge when he might be available for game action.
“I’m not thinking about Chris today — I’m not,” Spoelstra said before the Heat’s practice at TD Garden. “He’s not on my mind. And I love you, Chris, but I’m focused on Sunday. That’s where all of my energies are focused right now.
The Heat badly need Bosh back to counter Kevin Garnett, who ate Miami alive in Game 3. The Heat have no counter for Garnett, and their attempts at fronting were spoiled in Game 3 by Rajon Rondo simply lobbing it over the defense to the longer Garnett. Miami can survive either Rondo or Garnett going off. Not both. Bosh counters that with length. It’s not about defending Garnett on his shot, because that’s all muscle memory for the old guy, or muscling him in the post. It’s simply a matter of Bosh’s length disrupting the offense.
But they won’t have that help on Sunday, Bosh is out, and the Heat will have to win on the road in a tough environment without him.
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 0
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 0
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 5
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 33
- PBT Extra: Eastern Conference Finals preview time 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars