Celtics-Heat Game 4: Chris Bosh still out

Jun 3, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT

Chris Bosh AP

Same story, different day.

Chris Bosh will not be riding to the rescue of the Miami Heat as they try and put the chokehold on the Celtics in Game 4 in Boston.ESPN reports:

Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said Saturday that Bosh won’t play Sunday and reiterated the All-Star forward has not yet advanced far enough in his recovery from an abdominal strain to gauge when he might be available for game action.

“I’m not thinking about Chris today — I’m not,” Spoelstra said before the Heat’s practice at TD Garden. “He’s not on my mind. And I love you, Chris, but I’m focused on Sunday. That’s where all of my energies are focused right now.

via 2012 NBA playoffs — Chris Bosh will not return for Game 4 of Eastern Conference finals – ESPN.

The Heat badly need Bosh back to counter Kevin Garnett, who ate Miami alive in Game 3. The Heat have no counter for Garnett, and their attempts at fronting were spoiled in Game 3 by Rajon Rondo simply lobbing it over the defense to the longer Garnett. Miami can survive either Rondo or Garnett going off. Not both. Bosh counters that with length. It’s not about defending Garnett on his shot, because that’s all muscle memory for the old guy, or muscling him in the post. It’s simply a matter of Bosh’s length disrupting the offense.

But they won’t have that help on Sunday, Bosh is out, and the Heat will have to win on the road in a tough environment without him.

1. charlutes - Jun 3, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Whenever Spo talks I feel like he’s passive aggressively fighting for his job. I love Pops quote on Durant, there’s a coach who comfortable.

2. ss3walkman - Jun 3, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Series heading back to Miami at 2-2

3. dirtybird2020 - Jun 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I dont consider game 2 a win for heat, nba is getting to be more like boxing, gotta protect the stars! Boston is really up 2-1 with a chance to go 3-1, i hate boston but i hate heat 10 times more, neither team have a chance in the finals, i want okc so the heat have to deal with the size and the inside while westbrook runs wild, and durrant gets his naturally harden comes in and runs the game , ibaka protecting the rim from wade and lebron and perkins making it hell

• blueintown - Jun 3, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I don’t consider this comment to make any sense.

• gmen4life33 - Jun 3, 2012 at 2:19 PM

The end of Game 2 was a joke, but its over now. BOS isnt up 2-1, MIA is. I think everyone involved by the NBA was surprised by the uproar (by fans and members of ESPN/NBA media) and the officials are aware that at times they are a little too Pro-Superstar. I think moving forward the games will be called more even, like Game 3 was.

Game 2 is over, BOS has a great opportunity to even up the series, and MIA has an even greater opportunity to put a strangle hold on it. Believe me I have complained a lot about the officiating this playoffs, but lets hope thats over with and both MIA and BOS get treated the same.

4. Gabri Ciller - Jun 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM

i bet for a final Spurs vs. Celtics, old men wanna retire winning

5. datkiidjc - Jun 3, 2012 at 12:57 PM

dude sounds like a complete idiot … try to make sense if you wana trash a team

6. thenmoveback - Jun 3, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Heat dominate game 1, game 2 they get all the calls. Game 3 celtics get all the calls ( and don’t say they didn’t, Lebron gets bear hugged and no call, and Paul P. should have won an award for his acting). Both teams r good that’s y they r both in the ECF. Let the better team win! Oh and go HEAT!!!

• gmen4life33 - Jun 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I agree to a certain point. Game 3 officiating was slightly in favor of BOS, the way Game 1 was slightly in favor of Heat (phantom technical calls, touch fouls on BOS). Those happen due to human nature, and even themselves out.

But the end of Game 2 was a joke. Both MIA and BOS could have overcame the bad calls against them in Game 1 and 3, but BOS had no chance in that last 90 seconds of Game 2. Dont compare Game 3 to 2, not even close.

7. mungman69 - Jun 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM

STOP CRYING

8. jksee - Jun 3, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Heat are showing they really don’t need Bosh to win. Always thought he was overrated. Would surprise me to see him traded before next year.

9. jksee - Jun 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Meant wouldn’t surprise me to see him traded before next season.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches