Jun 2, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
I’m not sure that pushup form would have been approved my Mr. Loveless, my freshman PE teacher, but it worked for Kevin Garnett. And the Celtics players and fans ate it up.
KG brought real energy in the paint, he brought the early post position (and great finishes off impressive passes from Rajon Rondo when Garnett was fronted), he brought the defensive presence. With that comes all the other Garnett things — the trash talk, some elbows that lead to technicals, some colorful language in his postgame interview. And now knuckle pushups.
But the Celtics will take all that to get the energy again in Game 4. Because they are going to need that and more against a Heat team that will play like the one from the fourth quarter, not the first three.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 19
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 27
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 51
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18