Jun 2, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
I’m not sure that pushup form would have been approved my Mr. Loveless, my freshman PE teacher, but it worked for Kevin Garnett. And the Celtics players and fans ate it up.
KG brought real energy in the paint, he brought the early post position (and great finishes off impressive passes from Rajon Rondo when Garnett was fronted), he brought the defensive presence. With that comes all the other Garnett things — the trash talk, some elbows that lead to technicals, some colorful language in his postgame interview. And now knuckle pushups.
But the Celtics will take all that to get the energy again in Game 4. Because they are going to need that and more against a Heat team that will play like the one from the fourth quarter, not the first three.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 5
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 32
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 81
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19