Video: Kevin Garnett’s “Army/Navy style” knuckle pushups

Jun 2, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT

I’m not sure that pushup form would have been approved my Mr. Loveless, my freshman PE teacher, but it worked for Kevin Garnett. And the Celtics players and fans ate it up.

KG brought real energy in the paint, he brought the early post position (and great finishes off impressive passes from Rajon Rondo when Garnett was fronted), he brought the defensive presence. With that comes all the other Garnett things — the trash talk, some elbows that lead to technicals, some colorful language in his postgame interview. And now knuckle pushups.

But the Celtics will take all that to get the energy again in Game 4. Because they are going to need that and more against a Heat team that will play like the one from the fourth quarter, not the first three.

1. abchome - Jun 2, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Pushups… not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven. Yeah, eight!

2. billsfanaddict - Jun 2, 2012 at 9:33 AM

i hate it when other do this but it happens so often that i gotta point it out… dude, kurt… your 1st sentance… come on man!… i aint gonna correct you, just find it!
    ~~~~~~~
    “”I’m not sure that pushup form would have been approved my Mr. Loveless, my freshman PE teacher””

could you proof read a little bit so we can feel like we all shouldnt have paid sports-writing jobs, is he really your mr loveless

• sethrinoza - Jun 3, 2012 at 4:07 AM

Maybe you should do a little proofreading yourself, just right before you start criticizing.

3. kappneffect - Jun 2, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I guess when you become proficient in English you’ll have the right to chastise someone over missing a word, bad grammar, or misspelling “sentences” ….ass.

4. trollaikman8 - Jun 2, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Kurt, are you even trying?

5. sellahh - Jun 2, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Goddamnit, i might be a little blashpemy out in here but I love this KG’s interview and I hate him as a player every single bit. But when you listen to the dude talking, seeing how charismatic he is, I’m starting to love him as a Laker fan and as a KG’s antics hater. Just amazing how intense he is. Wow. Would love to someone like him on my side and hate to have him lined up against me. Love it. Absolutely love it.

6. pensfan603 - Jun 2, 2012 at 5:54 PM

this was so annoying just get up no one wants you show boating about how tough you are if he wasnt a super star in the league it would of been a technical.

• southbeachtalent - Jun 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM

He’s a big dumb clown. What a moron.

Can you even imagine if Wade or LeBron pulled some dumb crap like that? It would be front page news.

• sellahh - Jun 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I don’t ever recall KG being called out for his flopping antics. I can think of plethora of occasions where KG acted like a real punk that he is. However, that was NOT one of those situations. KG is a very intense player and Wade and Lebron ain’t got no s*** on him in those terms and i admit this hating… not liking all three.

7. sellahh - Jun 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Plus the dude just got fouled. Say it was hard, say it was not, most of you (probably me included) would act like European soccer players, act like they just got murdered. Instead, the guy just kept him composure and turned his anger into competitive fire. How can you hate that?
    Jesus…

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches