Jun 2, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
Trail Blazers All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge found himself in the hospital this week with a potentially deadly blood virus. He wrote about it in his blog on trailblazers.com (hat tip to Blazers Edge).
On Saturday I came down with a blood virus. I quickly became sick and had to be rushed to the hospital. I thought it was a case of bad food or a bad cold, but I was wrong. It turned out to be a very serious virus that if not treated quickly could actually be deadly! One thing I know for sure is that I’ve never felt worse in my life and there were times I wasn’t really sure where I was going. Thankfully I had a lot of family support and great medical care that helped me fight through it and now I’ve turned the corner and I’m feeling much better.
Aldridge is currently recovering from hip surgery that forced him to miss the end of the season and could force him to miss the Olympics, although he is trying to make it back for London. (Team USA could use all the quality big men with great outside touch they could get for that tournament.)
But now that kind of all seems like gravy.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 23
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 32
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 5
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31