Jun 2, 2012, 3:23 PM EST
Trail Blazers All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge found himself in the hospital this week with a potentially deadly blood virus. He wrote about it in his blog on trailblazers.com (hat tip to Blazers Edge).
On Saturday I came down with a blood virus. I quickly became sick and had to be rushed to the hospital. I thought it was a case of bad food or a bad cold, but I was wrong. It turned out to be a very serious virus that if not treated quickly could actually be deadly! One thing I know for sure is that I’ve never felt worse in my life and there were times I wasn’t really sure where I was going. Thankfully I had a lot of family support and great medical care that helped me fight through it and now I’ve turned the corner and I’m feeling much better.
Aldridge is currently recovering from hip surgery that forced him to miss the end of the season and could force him to miss the Olympics, although he is trying to make it back for London. (Team USA could use all the quality big men with great outside touch they could get for that tournament.)
But now that kind of all seems like gravy.
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 3
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 6
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 7
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 18
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 24
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13