Jun 2, 2012, 3:23 PM EST
Trail Blazers All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge found himself in the hospital this week with a potentially deadly blood virus. He wrote about it in his blog on trailblazers.com (hat tip to Blazers Edge).
On Saturday I came down with a blood virus. I quickly became sick and had to be rushed to the hospital. I thought it was a case of bad food or a bad cold, but I was wrong. It turned out to be a very serious virus that if not treated quickly could actually be deadly! One thing I know for sure is that I’ve never felt worse in my life and there were times I wasn’t really sure where I was going. Thankfully I had a lot of family support and great medical care that helped me fight through it and now I’ve turned the corner and I’m feeling much better.
Aldridge is currently recovering from hip surgery that forced him to miss the end of the season and could force him to miss the Olympics, although he is trying to make it back for London. (Team USA could use all the quality big men with great outside touch they could get for that tournament.)
But now that kind of all seems like gravy.
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 4
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 5
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 21
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 9
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)