Jun 2, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
Trail Blazers All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge found himself in the hospital this week with a potentially deadly blood virus. He wrote about it in his blog on trailblazers.com (hat tip to Blazers Edge).
On Saturday I came down with a blood virus. I quickly became sick and had to be rushed to the hospital. I thought it was a case of bad food or a bad cold, but I was wrong. It turned out to be a very serious virus that if not treated quickly could actually be deadly! One thing I know for sure is that I’ve never felt worse in my life and there were times I wasn’t really sure where I was going. Thankfully I had a lot of family support and great medical care that helped me fight through it and now I’ve turned the corner and I’m feeling much better.
Aldridge is currently recovering from hip surgery that forced him to miss the end of the season and could force him to miss the Olympics, although he is trying to make it back for London. (Team USA could use all the quality big men with great outside touch they could get for that tournament.)
But now that kind of all seems like gravy.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30