Jun 2, 2012, 3:23 PM EST
Trail Blazers All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge found himself in the hospital this week with a potentially deadly blood virus. He wrote about it in his blog on trailblazers.com (hat tip to Blazers Edge).
On Saturday I came down with a blood virus. I quickly became sick and had to be rushed to the hospital. I thought it was a case of bad food or a bad cold, but I was wrong. It turned out to be a very serious virus that if not treated quickly could actually be deadly! One thing I know for sure is that I’ve never felt worse in my life and there were times I wasn’t really sure where I was going. Thankfully I had a lot of family support and great medical care that helped me fight through it and now I’ve turned the corner and I’m feeling much better.
Aldridge is currently recovering from hip surgery that forced him to miss the end of the season and could force him to miss the Olympics, although he is trying to make it back for London. (Team USA could use all the quality big men with great outside touch they could get for that tournament.)
But now that kind of all seems like gravy.
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 0
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 5
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5