Jun 2, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
The Boston crowd is renown as one of the best in the league. And despite some late arrivals in Game 3, the atmosphere was electric and helped carry the Celtics to a win and a slice off the Heat’s series lead. Garnett was always meant to play in front of fans like this, in arenas like this, in moments like this. He’s made for the gladiatorial arenas, for the “jungle” as he calls it here. Minnesota could have been that. They never got the team to make it so.
But at least Garnett does get this time. And if it winds up that he’s done after this year, that he’s walking away, he’ll be bathed in that green aura that has surrounded so many of the great NBA players. It makes you sad for Wolves fans, who genuinely wish KG well, and it makes you sad for Celtics fans, that spent far too many years of the Big 3 era with an incomplete, injury-laden team. But mostly it makes you wonder.
Does he kiss his mother with that mouth?
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37