Jun 2, 2012, 9:30 AM EST
The Boston crowd is renown as one of the best in the league. And despite some late arrivals in Game 3, the atmosphere was electric and helped carry the Celtics to a win and a slice off the Heat’s series lead. Garnett was always meant to play in front of fans like this, in arenas like this, in moments like this. He’s made for the gladiatorial arenas, for the “jungle” as he calls it here. Minnesota could have been that. They never got the team to make it so.
But at least Garnett does get this time. And if it winds up that he’s done after this year, that he’s walking away, he’ll be bathed in that green aura that has surrounded so many of the great NBA players. It makes you sad for Wolves fans, who genuinely wish KG well, and it makes you sad for Celtics fans, that spent far too many years of the Big 3 era with an incomplete, injury-laden team. But mostly it makes you wonder.
Does he kiss his mother with that mouth?
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 1
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 15
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8