Jun 2, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
The Boston crowd is renown as one of the best in the league. And despite some late arrivals in Game 3, the atmosphere was electric and helped carry the Celtics to a win and a slice off the Heat’s series lead. Garnett was always meant to play in front of fans like this, in arenas like this, in moments like this. He’s made for the gladiatorial arenas, for the “jungle” as he calls it here. Minnesota could have been that. They never got the team to make it so.
But at least Garnett does get this time. And if it winds up that he’s done after this year, that he’s walking away, he’ll be bathed in that green aura that has surrounded so many of the great NBA players. It makes you sad for Wolves fans, who genuinely wish KG well, and it makes you sad for Celtics fans, that spent far too many years of the Big 3 era with an incomplete, injury-laden team. But mostly it makes you wonder.
Does he kiss his mother with that mouth?
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 16
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 4
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10