Jun 2, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
The Boston crowd is renown as one of the best in the league. And despite some late arrivals in Game 3, the atmosphere was electric and helped carry the Celtics to a win and a slice off the Heat’s series lead. Garnett was always meant to play in front of fans like this, in arenas like this, in moments like this. He’s made for the gladiatorial arenas, for the “jungle” as he calls it here. Minnesota could have been that. They never got the team to make it so.
But at least Garnett does get this time. And if it winds up that he’s done after this year, that he’s walking away, he’ll be bathed in that green aura that has surrounded so many of the great NBA players. It makes you sad for Wolves fans, who genuinely wish KG well, and it makes you sad for Celtics fans, that spent far too many years of the Big 3 era with an incomplete, injury-laden team. But mostly it makes you wonder.
Does he kiss his mother with that mouth?
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6