Jun 1, 2012, 9:52 AM EST
Those strange people in Oklahoma City with their midwestern values. They confuse me. I cannot believe they would back a loyal local fan who paid for a courtside seat over a celebrity. They just do not get America.
Let me explain.
The Thunder are a sellout in Oklahoma City, especially during the playoffs. They have loud, loyal fans who have created a real college atmosphere at an NBA game.
So rapper and NBA fan ‘Lil Wayne showed up in Oklahoma City wanting a prime seat for Game 3. You know he’s done this plenty of times before, and you know the Lakers, Heat and other team accommodated (people in the front row were willing to sell for the right price). But the Thunder? From the Associated Press.
Thunder spokesman Dan Mahoney says Lil Wayne’s representatives did contact the team requesting tickets but insisted that he sit on the front row, and none of those seats was available. Oklahoma City sold out every home game during the regular season and playoffs this season.
Mahoney says: “We’d love to have him at a game, but like anyone else, he needs a ticket.”
Wayne took to twitter.
And that is how Spurs fans are created.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 15
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 14
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5