Jun 1, 2012, 9:52 AM EDT
Those strange people in Oklahoma City with their midwestern values. They confuse me. I cannot believe they would back a loyal local fan who paid for a courtside seat over a celebrity. They just do not get America.
Let me explain.
The Thunder are a sellout in Oklahoma City, especially during the playoffs. They have loud, loyal fans who have created a real college atmosphere at an NBA game.
So rapper and NBA fan ‘Lil Wayne showed up in Oklahoma City wanting a prime seat for Game 3. You know he’s done this plenty of times before, and you know the Lakers, Heat and other team accommodated (people in the front row were willing to sell for the right price). But the Thunder? From the Associated Press.
Thunder spokesman Dan Mahoney says Lil Wayne’s representatives did contact the team requesting tickets but insisted that he sit on the front row, and none of those seats was available. Oklahoma City sold out every home game during the regular season and playoffs this season.
Mahoney says: “We’d love to have him at a game, but like anyone else, he needs a ticket.”
Wayne took to twitter.
And that is how Spurs fans are created.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 46
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18