Jun 1, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• There are no shortage of rumors that Brandon Roy wants to make a comeback. No doubt he does — this is as competitive a guy as was in the league, walking away has to be hard. But would he come back and play for the Lakers? That’s the report. There’s also a “to the Warriors” rumor. Albeit from someone we take with a grain of salt. Personally, I’m just not sure he makes it back. Period.
• You knew somebody was going to write the idiotic “New Orleans should not draft Anthony Davis” post. Congrats to Scoop Jackson.
• An audit of the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami says the Heat have not lived up to their end of the lease. The lease calls for the Heat to share 40 percent of their profits over $14 million annually. The Heat have never paid a dime because they say they have never reached that threshold in the last 15 years. Right. This sounds like when the owners cried poverty during the lockout — there are ways to hide profits and manipulate books. This is potentially ugly, and you can bet the timing of the release is not an accident. (Via IamaGM.com)
• Robert Parish apparently sold his 1981 NBA championship ring for $45,00
• Not sure how many of these stories I will run — Timbrerwolves GM David Kahn says teams have contacted him about the No. 18 pick. There will be countless of these conversations before the draft. Everybody (save New Orleans) will trade their pick for a price. Rarely is that price met.
• Minnesota has been working out draft picks the last couple of days, by the way.
• The Magic has six guys in for workouts.
• Zach Rosen of Penn has been blogging about what the team workout routine is like for guys trying to get drafted.
• Philly team honcho Rod Thorn expects to be back with the Sixers next season.
• Should the NBA even have a draft?
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 0
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 34
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17