May 31, 2012, 8:42 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Philly surprised people out of the gate this season, lost their way for a stretch then caught a break and had a nice run in the playoffs. Here’s your chance to relive it through a great story at CSNPhilly.com.
• Allen Iverson and his ex-wife are having a nasty little battle.
• Want to see who the best coaches in the NBA are? Watch how teams perform coming out of timeouts.
• There’s an overseas report Nenad Krstic has an offer from the Nets for next season.
• The Clippers had a great playoff run as well, what did they learn from it?
• Larry Bird wants to help Vogel out by getting owner Herb Simon to spend more on salary next season.
• The Trail Blazers have inked a great affiliation with Idaho of the D-League.
• Portland also is working out some big men as they head toward the draft with their two lottery picks.
• Here’s another Brandon Roy comeback rumor. This time as a fit in Los Angeles.
• Speaking of the NBA Draft Lottery, Jeff Van Gundy thinks the Bobcats tanked the entire season.
• Golden State is lucky to have kept their No. 7 pick in the draft, but this is a team that needs a veteran presence, so don’t be shocked if they shop it around.
• The Cavaliers are not shopping around their No. 4 pick.
• Some guy tried to copyright “let’s go Thunder.” The Supreme Court shot him down.
• Might the Raptors try to trade the No. 8 pick?
• Former Magic big man James Augustine has signed to play with BC Khimki Moscow.
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 17
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 12
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 31
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 13
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 20
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (104)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead