May 31, 2012, 8:42 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Philly surprised people out of the gate this season, lost their way for a stretch then caught a break and had a nice run in the playoffs. Here’s your chance to relive it through a great story at CSNPhilly.com.
• Allen Iverson and his ex-wife are having a nasty little battle.
• Want to see who the best coaches in the NBA are? Watch how teams perform coming out of timeouts.
• There’s an overseas report Nenad Krstic has an offer from the Nets for next season.
• The Clippers had a great playoff run as well, what did they learn from it?
• Larry Bird wants to help Vogel out by getting owner Herb Simon to spend more on salary next season.
• The Trail Blazers have inked a great affiliation with Idaho of the D-League.
• Portland also is working out some big men as they head toward the draft with their two lottery picks.
• Here’s another Brandon Roy comeback rumor. This time as a fit in Los Angeles.
• Speaking of the NBA Draft Lottery, Jeff Van Gundy thinks the Bobcats tanked the entire season.
• Golden State is lucky to have kept their No. 7 pick in the draft, but this is a team that needs a veteran presence, so don’t be shocked if they shop it around.
• The Cavaliers are not shopping around their No. 4 pick.
• Some guy tried to copyright “let’s go Thunder.” The Supreme Court shot him down.
• Might the Raptors try to trade the No. 8 pick?
• Former Magic big man James Augustine has signed to play with BC Khimki Moscow.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9