May 31, 2012, 7:17 PM EST
Charlotte has a tough choice ahead of it.
It’s not a question of needs — you should always draft the best player available anyway, but in this case the Bobcats need everything. So charlotte is going to take a good look at the available players, team president Rod Higgins told the Charlotte Observer.
Higgins said the Bobcats would work out at least six players for the No. 2 spot. He also said they anticipate trade interest in the pick from other teams.
“Some other teams are going to call us about No. 2,’’ Higgins said. “We’re going to get some interest there until the pick is called’’ on draft night.
The two most likely picks are the energetic and athletic small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist out of Kentucky or the power forward Thomas Robinson out of Kansas, who could provide great play for them at both ends of the floor. But you can bet high-risk, high-reward big man Andre Drummond will get a look, as will Florida guard Bradley Beal (maybe the best shooter in the draft) and Ohio State power forward Jared Sullinger.
As I said before, I likely take Robinson or Kidd-Gilchrist, but I would take a long, hard look at Drummond because he could develop into a superstar if you believe he has the mental focus to do it. He could evolve the way Andrew Bynum did, but he also could be another Kwame Brown, and that has to scare Bobcats owner Michael Jordan.
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 1
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 3
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 14
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)