May 31, 2012, 7:17 PM EDT
Charlotte has a tough choice ahead of it.
It’s not a question of needs — you should always draft the best player available anyway, but in this case the Bobcats need everything. So charlotte is going to take a good look at the available players, team president Rod Higgins told the Charlotte Observer.
Higgins said the Bobcats would work out at least six players for the No. 2 spot. He also said they anticipate trade interest in the pick from other teams.
“Some other teams are going to call us about No. 2,’’ Higgins said. “We’re going to get some interest there until the pick is called’’ on draft night.
The two most likely picks are the energetic and athletic small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist out of Kentucky or the power forward Thomas Robinson out of Kansas, who could provide great play for them at both ends of the floor. But you can bet high-risk, high-reward big man Andre Drummond will get a look, as will Florida guard Bradley Beal (maybe the best shooter in the draft) and Ohio State power forward Jared Sullinger.
As I said before, I likely take Robinson or Kidd-Gilchrist, but I would take a long, hard look at Drummond because he could develop into a superstar if you believe he has the mental focus to do it. He could evolve the way Andrew Bynum did, but he also could be another Kwame Brown, and that has to scare Bobcats owner Michael Jordan.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 26
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 61
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2