May 31, 2012, 7:17 PM EDT
Charlotte has a tough choice ahead of it.
It’s not a question of needs — you should always draft the best player available anyway, but in this case the Bobcats need everything. So charlotte is going to take a good look at the available players, team president Rod Higgins told the Charlotte Observer.
Higgins said the Bobcats would work out at least six players for the No. 2 spot. He also said they anticipate trade interest in the pick from other teams.
“Some other teams are going to call us about No. 2,’’ Higgins said. “We’re going to get some interest there until the pick is called’’ on draft night.
The two most likely picks are the energetic and athletic small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist out of Kentucky or the power forward Thomas Robinson out of Kansas, who could provide great play for them at both ends of the floor. But you can bet high-risk, high-reward big man Andre Drummond will get a look, as will Florida guard Bradley Beal (maybe the best shooter in the draft) and Ohio State power forward Jared Sullinger.
As I said before, I likely take Robinson or Kidd-Gilchrist, but I would take a long, hard look at Drummond because he could develop into a superstar if you believe he has the mental focus to do it. He could evolve the way Andrew Bynum did, but he also could be another Kwame Brown, and that has to scare Bobcats owner Michael Jordan.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 76
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32