May 31, 2012, 7:17 PM EDT
Charlotte has a tough choice ahead of it.
It’s not a question of needs — you should always draft the best player available anyway, but in this case the Bobcats need everything. So charlotte is going to take a good look at the available players, team president Rod Higgins told the Charlotte Observer.
Higgins said the Bobcats would work out at least six players for the No. 2 spot. He also said they anticipate trade interest in the pick from other teams.
“Some other teams are going to call us about No. 2,’’ Higgins said. “We’re going to get some interest there until the pick is called’’ on draft night.
The two most likely picks are the energetic and athletic small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist out of Kentucky or the power forward Thomas Robinson out of Kansas, who could provide great play for them at both ends of the floor. But you can bet high-risk, high-reward big man Andre Drummond will get a look, as will Florida guard Bradley Beal (maybe the best shooter in the draft) and Ohio State power forward Jared Sullinger.
As I said before, I likely take Robinson or Kidd-Gilchrist, but I would take a long, hard look at Drummond because he could develop into a superstar if you believe he has the mental focus to do it. He could evolve the way Andrew Bynum did, but he also could be another Kwame Brown, and that has to scare Bobcats owner Michael Jordan.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 6
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 14
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18