May 31, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
After the NBA Draft Lottery was over Wednesday night, the presumptive No. 1 pick Anthony Davis was saying all the right things. He said he was lucky to go help out New Orleans, “I just have to buy into what they’re doing and work my hardest.”
Then Thursday he started to open up and be honest.
“A lot of disappointment inside my family. My mom wanted me to go to Charlotte. I have a lot of good friends in Charlotte. At the same time, it wasn’t my call. A lot of guys are disappointed but they have to move on and make the best out of New Orleans.”
Then when pushed, he said he’s looks forward to taking a shot at Kobe Bryant.
“He’s a monster. So I just want to go out there and play my hardest. There’s a lot of guys that can’t stop Kobe. So if I stop him I could be one of the guys that say ‘I shut Kobe down’.”
Note to Davis: Don’t give Kobe more motivation. Just don’t.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10