May 31, 2012, 12:57 PM EST
After the NBA Draft Lottery was over Wednesday night, the presumptive No. 1 pick Anthony Davis was saying all the right things. He said he was lucky to go help out New Orleans, “I just have to buy into what they’re doing and work my hardest.”
Then Thursday he started to open up and be honest.
“A lot of disappointment inside my family. My mom wanted me to go to Charlotte. I have a lot of good friends in Charlotte. At the same time, it wasn’t my call. A lot of guys are disappointed but they have to move on and make the best out of New Orleans.”
Then when pushed, he said he’s looks forward to taking a shot at Kobe Bryant.
“He’s a monster. So I just want to go out there and play my hardest. There’s a lot of guys that can’t stop Kobe. So if I stop him I could be one of the guys that say ‘I shut Kobe down’.”
Note to Davis: Don’t give Kobe more motivation. Just don’t.
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 6
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 9
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 11
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 26
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9