May 31, 2012, 12:57 PM EST
After the NBA Draft Lottery was over Wednesday night, the presumptive No. 1 pick Anthony Davis was saying all the right things. He said he was lucky to go help out New Orleans, “I just have to buy into what they’re doing and work my hardest.”
Then Thursday he started to open up and be honest.
“A lot of disappointment inside my family. My mom wanted me to go to Charlotte. I have a lot of good friends in Charlotte. At the same time, it wasn’t my call. A lot of guys are disappointed but they have to move on and make the best out of New Orleans.”
Then when pushed, he said he’s looks forward to taking a shot at Kobe Bryant.
“He’s a monster. So I just want to go out there and play my hardest. There’s a lot of guys that can’t stop Kobe. So if I stop him I could be one of the guys that say ‘I shut Kobe down’.”
Note to Davis: Don’t give Kobe more motivation. Just don’t.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 6
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30