May 31, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
After the NBA Draft Lottery was over Wednesday night, the presumptive No. 1 pick Anthony Davis was saying all the right things. He said he was lucky to go help out New Orleans, “I just have to buy into what they’re doing and work my hardest.”
Then Thursday he started to open up and be honest.
“A lot of disappointment inside my family. My mom wanted me to go to Charlotte. I have a lot of good friends in Charlotte. At the same time, it wasn’t my call. A lot of guys are disappointed but they have to move on and make the best out of New Orleans.”
Then when pushed, he said he’s looks forward to taking a shot at Kobe Bryant.
“He’s a monster. So I just want to go out there and play my hardest. There’s a lot of guys that can’t stop Kobe. So if I stop him I could be one of the guys that say ‘I shut Kobe down’.”
Note to Davis: Don’t give Kobe more motivation. Just don’t.
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 4
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 23
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 56
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11